I grin, at his cheesiness, the lock my arms around his neck, leaning my head on his warm body. The music plays, and we sway to it gingerly. I look up, glancing in those pain stricken eyes. He leans down, “Won't you stay with me? Cause you're all I need.” He sings, kissing my lips.

 “I'll always stay.”

 '

 I walk down the hallway, scanning for the room I need. Mahogany, my favorite red head. She's been staying in Johnson's room, because Jack and I can't keep our hands off each other, so we figured we'd switch room partners.

 “Hey,” I smile as I come in.

 “Somebody is happy,” She notices, “no more fighting with Jack?”

 “Nope, we're all good.”

 I sit on her bed, as we talk. She tells me about advances in her own love life, with Preston. It's so weird to hear about it. Who would have thought the two could work together, and make a pretty damn good couple.

 She talks of moving to Florida, permanently this summer after Magcon is over in May. I want to say, that's too quick. But then I realize, they'll be together five months then, a lot could happen. “I care about him,” She gushes.

 “I'm so glad you're happy, you deserve this red.”

 “Who knew after all the bad things, I finally be happy. You know, I wasn't supposed to be with Cameron, at all. He was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. It was supposed to be Preston all along.”

 “Maybe it was.”

 Sometimes people are with the wrong person, it just takes a while to see it. She clicks on the television as we sit back and watch, talking, laughing. It's our ritual to do such. And after the day I've had, I need it more than anything.

 Jack is with Sam and Johnson somewhere, playing video games, doing lord knows what. In the late hour, they could be doing anything. I hear a knock on the door, I lift to my feet opening it to see Cameron.

 “Hey, what's up?” I ask.

 “Can you come with me for a second?”

 “Sure,” I state, “hey Mahogany I'll see you later.”

 She yells back, as I walk out the door with Cameron, I glance at him with questioning eyes. “What do you need?”

 “It's Hayes, something is up with him.”

 “Is he okay?”

 “Yeah, that's the thing. I don't exactly know, come on. He's been like this for an hour he says.”

 We walk to Hayes' room, as he opens the door, ushering me through the room. I see Hayes, sitting on the edge of the bed, whispering, as though he is chanting things, tears streaming down his face. “Hey bud, look at me.” He turns his head at my voice, “are you okay?”

 “No,” he muttered, “everything hurts Drew.”

 I pull him to me, wrapping my arms around him. He smells deeply of liquor and something else, and I know that sad and drunk, is never a good combo. “Hey Cam, get you get me a wet wash cloth? Make sure it's cold water?” I ask, as Cam scurries to get what I asked for.

 “Why is the world so sad?” Hayes asked.

 “Because bad things happen, kid.” I spoke, taking the wash cloth, pressing it to his forehead, knowing it would take away his pounding head ache. “Who gave you alcohol?”

 “Johnson”

 “And did you ask for it?”

 “No, they said it would be fun if I tried it.” He muttered, losing his breath, heaving, in and out. He started shaking, his whole entire body, going limp before me.