I snorted quietly, "Like it was that easy. But that's what I wanted. I wanted that so so much. I became a ninja, because what better way to build up my strength—mentally and physically—than to personally experience those hardships and to learn how to protect people. I didn't want to be that weak little princess who needed everyone to protect her anymore. It was my turn now to protect those I cared about. Things are different now, with new views on things and different decisions to make. I thought I became strong.."

I took a deep breath to calm myself down as to not have a weeping session during this announcement. I looked up long enough to keep my tears in check before looking at my people again. My people. Do I even have the right to say that anymore? Should I just tell them that I had been waiting for the opportunity to come here for so long?

But then I remembered the third hokage telling me that he knew a way to get back here. I never asked him for it because I was scared. I was scared to know that everyone turned their back on me. I was scared to get betrayed by the my own people. It was a selfish reason where I wasn't thinking of their needs. Now, I need to know if they would still accept me despite the fact that I ran away from my duty -- despite the fact that we're going to face more troubles from the government if I'm here.

"And yet," my voice cracked, "I still couldn't bring myself to come back. I couldn't bring myself to make the effort to get back here and make things right. And as much as I hate to admit it, I was scared and selfish. There's no excuse for the fact that after I trained myself so hard, I still couldn't face my fears. I have been a failure as a leader. I really don't deserve this kingdom and I understand if I have to step down."

I jumped a little when I felt Kyle's encouraging grip on my shoulder. I looked over at him with glassy eyes and smiled a little when I saw his sad smile. "You're not a failure, princess," Kyle whispered. No, I failed. Everyone needs to understand that I failed. I shook my head and looked at the people again, "I failed, but I'm willing to make a change. I'm not going to run or hide anymore. I know what I have to do and I will set things right again. I will swear the oath of leadership... if you will accept me once again."

Low murmurs were heard as the crowd talked with one another. My fingers absentmindedly tapped against the railing in nervousness. I haven't been before this huge of a crowd in so long. Believe it or not, the population of Konoha was only about one third of Kurisutaru's. I heard Kyle laugh quietly and sent him a confused look.

I figured that giving them time to think for today was a good idea, but before I could step away, a loud cheer broke through the place. And it didn't stop there. Before long, the whole place was filled with a chorus of cheers and clapping. I looked at Kyle in surprise. He shook his head with an amusing smile adoring his face, "I told you, Princess, you're expecting all the wrong reactions from them. They want you, Princess Akira. I didn't set out to find you just for me. It was for this kingdom too. They need you. They need the rightful Chevelzian leader of this kingdom."

I looked down at the people again and I could help but let the large grin take over my face. I can't wait to finally live here again.

~~

Okay. I did say that I couldn't wait to live in Kurisutaru again, but there was still one thing that kept me from actually making that final decision—Konohagakure. Kurisutaru would always be my home, but I had lived in Konoha for so long now that it's pretty hard to think about leaving it. Especially Kakashi, Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke-

Oh for the love of Christ! Sasuke! I had completely forgotten about him the second I saw Kyle at the gates. I absentmindedly gnawed at my bottom lip as I thought of all the possibilities of what could happen to him and if Naruto and the others would be able to get him back. But then it came to me, he left the village. Willingly. After all Kakashi did, all I did, to make him understand what he was doing, he still went ahead and left the village. And for who? The frickin' pedophilic snake! What on earth was he going to learn from him? How to seduce Itachi into giving his body up?