The Kids Are Alright- Part 2

Začít od začátku

You looked at Sam and when he looked at you, you were both thinking the same thing. You both have seen this before and so now, all you had to do was go back to the motel and research it. You and Sam left her house and even though you had more houses to go to next, you didn't need to talk to them.

It didn't take you two long to get back to the motel. Dean still wasn't there. You sighed and took off your jacket, looking at Sam as he pulled out his laptop.

"So, what did this hunter chick want?" You asked, remembering he said something about the blonde woman who saved your asses from the demons.

"Nothing much, just that she wants to help me. But we have to look into our past in order to understand what the hell is going on." Sam said, typing away on his laptop.

"Understand what? That our moms were killed? The only person I know who is alive that was associated with my mom is Bobby. That's it, I didn't know her other family and after she died, I didn't want to know them." You took a seat next to him, scooting closer to see his screen.

"You saw the same thing I saw, right?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, that was definitely the mark of a changeling. You should call Dean and let him know. I don't even know where he is." You said with a sigh.

"Maybe you should call him. You know, we had a talk last night." Sam admitted.

"I'm not calling him, Sam. Look, I know I may be overreacting but I just can't shake these feelings. You know I'm almost always right about these things." You said.

"About the supernatural. This isn't supernatural."

"It may as well be." You said with a sigh. Not a moment passed before the door was opening and Dean walked inside. You sighed and moved away from Sam slightly, looking down. Suddenly, the pads of your fingers became the most interesting thing in the room.

"Something's wrong with the kids in this town," Dean commented, looking at you.

"Yeah, tell me about it. What do you know about changelings?" Sam asked.

"Evil monster babies?" Dean said, taking a sip of beer.

"No, not necessarily babies," Sam said, looking at you before back to his brother.

"They're kids. Creepy, stare at you like you're lunch kids?" Dean asked, setting his beer down.

"Yeah. There's one at every victim's house." Sam said. You looked up at Dean and bit your lip once your eyes met his.

"Hey, find out how to kill them, would you? Y/N, sweetheart, can I talk to you outside?" Dean said. You looked over at Sam and when he nodded, you got up, walking outside and leaning on a pillar.

"What's up?" You asked, pretending like you didn't know what this was about.

"Come on, don't do this. Look, I want to apologize for my behavior yesterday." He said.

"Go on." You said, crossing your arms.

"Look, finding out about Ben, shocked me and I didn't know how to react to it. I guess the thought of having a son made me do or say things I didn't mean. And Sam told me what you said, don't ever think I won't stop loving you."

"I'm gonna kill him." You muttered, sighing as you looked at the window to see Sam typing away.

"Hey, I'm sorry, okay?" Dean said, stepping closer to you and putting his hands on your waist. You looked into his eyes and nodded, smiling lightly. He bent his neck and pressed his lips to yours, kissing you passionately. That passion didn't last long because Sam was knocking on the window, signaling you two to come inside.

"We can continue this later on, alright?" He said with a wink. You smiled and nodded, taking his hand in yours. You walked back inside and Sam smiled at the two of you.

"You two good, now?" He asked.

"Yeah, we're good." You said, putting your hand on his stomach, looking up at him. Man, Dean sure knew how to have a way with the words.

"Good, I found a way to kill them and it's not going to be easy. But, I'm sure if you can make a homemade EMF reader, then making a homemade torch won't be too difficult." Sam said with a smile.

"We have to burn them to kill them?" You asked.

"Bingo."

"Great, burning children in front of, what, their parents? In front of the neighbors? It's not like we can ask their parents if we can take their child from them." You said, watching as Dean got the things he needed and got to work, sitting by the dresser, in front of the mirror.

"So, it says here that changelings can perfectly mimic children. According to lore, they climb in the window and snatch the kid. You know, Y/N and I noticed that there were marks on the windowsill at one of the kid's houses. Looked to me like blood." Sam said.

"So, what, the changeling grabs a kid, assumes its form, and joins the happy fam just for kicks?" Dean said, grunting while he worked. You would help him but you knew he liked to do this on his own.

"Not quite. Changelings feed on the mom: synovial fluid. The moms have these odd bruises on the back of their necks. Changelings can drain them for a few weeks before mom finally croaks." You said for Sam, knowing some of your lore by heart.

"Then there's the dad and the babysitter." Dean pointed out.

"Yeah, it seems like anyone who gets in between the changeling and the mother ends up dead." You said, putting the pieces together.

"Fire is the only way to waste them?" Dean asked, holding up one of the finishing products. You smiled at him but Sam confirmed this thought by nodding.

"Great. We'll just bust in, drag the kids out, and torch them on the front lawn. That'll play great with the neighbors. What about the real ones? What happens to them?" You said.

"According to lore, they stash them underground somewhere. I don't know why, but if it's true, the real kids might be out there." Sam said, reading off the website.

"Then we better start looking," Dean said, working on the other torch. "So, any kid in the neighborhood is vulnerable?"

"Yeah," Sam said. You sighed and looked at Dean who looked at you. You saw some hesitation in his voice but you nodded.

"We should check up on him, just in case." You said. Dean smiled a little and he nodded, finishing up his work.

"Thanks," Dean said, getting up and grabbed his keys when he was done.

"Wait, if the real kids are alive somewhere, we might not have time." Sam started to object.

"Sam, it's important." You said, knowing Ben wasn't only important to Dean but also to Lisa and even though she is Dean's baby mama, you didn't hate her. Well, that much.

"Fine," Sam said, closing his laptop and grabbing his jacket. He grabbed one of the torches from Dean and you met both of them in the car, ending up at Lisa's place to check up on Ben.