Dead Kids

A/N: I wish I could write these updates faster.

I've been so touched by everyone that has read, commented, or voted. Thank you for your patience and involvement. Because of some life changes, things have been extremely hectic, but writing this on the side has helped.

This chapter isn't very horror-centric, so I hope to ramp that up in forthcoming additions.

Once again, thank you.

Btw, High Jew Elf cosplay plus the Renaissance Festival was a fun combo, and I highly recommend!

...

MARSH, Stanley

It is with great sadness that the family of Stanley Marsh announces his sudden passing at the age of 17. Stan will be lovingly remembered by his parents, Randy and Sharon Marsh, and his elder sister Shelley. Stan will also be fondly remembered by his boyfriend, Kyle Broflovski.

Stan was an exemplary student with an honors recognition in the English studies. He will be greatly missed by the faculty as well as his classmates.

A Funeral Service in memory of Stan will be held at 10 am at the River Funeral Home, 333 Helel Drive, Park County with Rev. Maxi officiating. A celebration of Stan's life will be held at the McCormick household for immediate friends and family afterward.

In lieu of flowers, please send a memorial donation to Colorado Pawz, a no-kill shelter in Denver.

...

May 26, 2012

Stan climbed over the frame of his best friend's bedroom window in the dark. One foot dangled down to the floor before hoisting himself over with the other leg. A birthday gift wrapped loosely in a recycled newspaper was tucked between his elbow and hip.

He slid the smudged window pane behind him and squinted into the room. He expected to see the shape of Kyle entombed under a mountain of blankets. But he wasn't there. The 12-year old Stan rubbed his eyes with his knuckles. He fumbled around with the lamp on the nightstand, looking for a chain to pull. With a heavy click, a dull orange lit up the room. The mattress was devoid of any comforter or blankets. Only a gray fitted sheet was tucked around it.

"Kyle?" Stan whispered. The sound bounced harshly around the walls. The small, white alarm clock read 5:37 am in glaring, digital red font. It was still covered with Sharpie signatures in various colors, from all of the boys except for Cartman's, whose name had been furiously scribbled out. All of them had yearbooks. No one could remember why they all signed Kyle's alarm clock. Maybe just to fill some random blank space with their marks. He picked it up with his free hand and turned it slightly. Of course, his name was there, small and insecure, in blue ink. What he hadn't noticed before was a little red heart had been added to his name. Like his signature, the heart was faded. It had been there for a while. He didn't remember drawing it there.

Looking around the room again (he figured that Kyle might walk through the door at any moment, wrapped in blankets with a glass of water in his hand), Stan put the gift on the bed, pulled his phone out of his pajama pocket, and snapped a picture of it of this newfound heart by his name. He was lying to himself about not knowing why. He knew why. The thoughts started when Kyle got back together with Rebecca Cotswolds. It kept him up at night. Different voices in his brain constantly fought each other.

But all of it excited him. These new voices excited him the most.

He put the clock back down and threw the phone on the bed. Kyle's door was still shut. There was no sound of anyone coming up the stairs. No sounds at all throughout the house, except for Gerald's snoring.