Chapter Six-Coming Close

a/n: Hey guys, THANKS FOR 300 READS! It seriously means a lot to me. This chapter is sort of a time filler. So you see, I need 6 months to pass to get to the next event in the story, so that's exactly what I am trying to do here. Hope you enjoy! 

Sophie's POV

Sophie's next few months went by very quickly, and quite interestingly. After the "Great Cape Accident," she had an unusual Splotching Match, ending with a visit to the Healing Center. Sophie also found an imp, saving it from being Verdi-food. Edaline and Grady let her keep her, although the animal was a little destructive. She named it Iggy and loved her so much. 

Surprisingly, Biana and Sophie became friends and played some Base Quest at Everglen. Biana was sure fun to hang out with--without her cold glare of course. 

And as expected, Sophie struggled in alchemy. Lady Galvin was throwing so much information at her, and it was hard for her to handle. Dex began tutoring her, but like that helped much. Eventually, with all of the struggling, she stole the midterm test out of Lady Galvin's mind without her knowing. But she couldn't hold the guilt and told Alden. This earned her detention until the end of midterms. And she absolutely hated it. But at least Keefe was there. 

And then it came, midterms. Sophie struggled through some of them, but for the most part, she performed well. During the midterm ceremonies, Sophie was pleased to hear that she had passed. She celebrated with her friends, opening up all of her presents. 

Also, she finally started learning about the Black Swan. The information swarmed her head, surrounding her, and causing her to lose a lot more sleep. But she continued to find more about all the fires and the correlation to her. The Black Swan began giving her gifts and secret notes. She immediately reported them to Alden, and he would take care of the objects for her. 

Another Elwin Visit came unexpectedly after she bottled the light from Quintessence and got a burn. The next day when she brought it in, her Mentor immediately snatched it from her and called an evacuation of the school. He explained that it could blow up a whole mile of the area. She was sentenced to a tribunal, where the Council unexpectedly didn't punish her. 

After that whole incident, Terik descryed her, finding unusual things, per usual. 

And then she found out her allergy, limbium! But in a bad way...

Dex had given her an elixir to clear her head, but as soon as she swallowed it, allergic reaction symptoms started.  Fitz/Dex/Both carried her to the Healing Center, where she barely lived. That gave a scare to her family and friends. 

Next, and probably the worst event, made her heart swell with anger and depression. Iggy ripped open one of Grady and Edaline's scrolls, finding out that they had canceled their adoption offer. She ignored her not-parents, trying to think of other things, the fires. 

When the Black Swan gave her all of the materials to bottle Everblaze for evidence, she went flying into the thicks of the Everblaze. She goes against Alden and has Gildie bottle the fire, putting her and Gildie into danger. Elwin treats her after, where everyone was scrambling and confused. No one knew if Sophie would be exiled--or worse. But this danger made Grady and Edaline realize that they really did want Sophie in their family. So they offered to parent her again...

Sophie worried about all of these things as she tossed and turned in her gigantic bed. 

Alvar's POV

Alvar and his team were scrambling and calculating, the time for the moonlark's crushing defeat was close. They had been watching Sophie, and learned that she was slowly breaking, good for their plan. She hung out around the cave often, which would be a great place to break the shadows and grab her. 

Lady Gisela's nasal voice cut through the suffocating silence, "How will we stage her death?" 

Alvar was actually wondering that himself. "Hmm...Maybe we could have something that literally emotionally shatters her, to cause her into a suicide situation," Alvar suggested, pacing the room. "What could do that though? A betrayal from her friend--Wait, that works! Biana was told to be friends with Sophie, so we could get that news across to her, and bam! Shattered..."

"Yeah Alvar, that's good," Lady Gisela laughed evilly. "Maybe a certain person she hates could tell her."

"Yes, Stina!"

"Exactly Alvar, I will go tell her now."

Alvar smiled, "This plan is coming together, we're coming close, Gisela."

Lady Gisela laughed with him. "Yes Alvar, I suppose we are. We'll take action tomorrow afternoon."

a/n: Thanks to whoever read this chapter, I am dedicating this to you! We have finally gotten into the alternate plot, so get your fantasy glasses on

a/n: Thanks to whoever read this chapter, I am dedicating this to you! We have finally gotten into the alternate plot, so get your fantasy glasses on. You'll need them! This story is about to take a trip to crazy! See you later!