Re-surfacing, I stand with my whole body underwater but my shoulders. The sun rests on the horizon line and I know the night will fall short. I inhale, my chest lifting in awe of the sight in front of me and swirl my hands in the soft surface of the ocean.

The moment is ruined by a pair of hands pulling my legs out from under me. Barely having time to make a noise, I slip into the coolness of the ocean and am embraced by strong arms. After a second, they push up and we catapult out into the air and I gasp. Turning to see who pranked me, I am met with striking sea-green eyes and jet, messy black hair against the pink surface of the water. My mouth stretches into a smile and I laugh, resting my arms around his neck.

The laughter soon fades from his eyes and he bows his head down. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"I just," He starts. Shaking his head, he tries again. "I'm sorry for bursting out on you the other day, for causing you any sort of pain. I should have listened to you. Instead, I was a jerk."

"Everyone thought the same as you Percy, it's okay," I say, brushing it aside. I don't want one bad moment in the past to come between a good moment in the present.

He sighs, squeezing his eyes shut before opening them to look at me. "I was also empowered by your bravery today. Couldn't find the proper time to say it."

Giggling, I tease, "Why the proper time is when I, the princess of wisdom, is ready to hear thy words from you, the prince of the ocean."

"With all due respect, the sea can't be restrained, princess," He says, a glint of humor coming from his eyes again. I remember back to the first night we spent together, talking, and one of the quotes he said whilst looking into my eyes. And yet, I like this time he said it better.

"Oh, well, it can with a little bit of knowledge."

"Care to elaborate, your highness?"

"Care to listen to four hours of strategy of restraining important parts of the ocean, my prince?" I quirk an eyebrow at him.

He falls back into the fall, a muffled, "Noooooo," following him down and under. Laughing, I bend my knees and allow the water to overlap my body. I open my eyes barely and see him swimming away. Coming back up for air, I swim after him, farther out. He then surfaces and takes me into his arms, bringing me closer. He whispers, "Care to dance my princess?"

The breath taken out of me, I breathe, "Why of course my prince."

His hand slips around my waist and mine around his shoulders. We glide back and forth, our legs moving swiftly through the water. Our feet lift and touch the sand, lift and touch the sand. As if we're in space. Looking up, I smile and see the stars have revealed themselves. Lights swirl around us as we continue to dance. Percy lifts me up a few times slightly, one time gliding me around him in the water, my feet floating after me.

A weightless feeling overcomes me as I breathe, water droplets falling from my eyelashes and dripping down my arms. We drip under the sea again and come back up so close our noses are touching. I breathe in slowly, gazing into his ocean eyes. The distance is closed, our lips grazing one another. We stop and look into each other's eyes again before breaking the distance fully, pressing his mouth onto mine, softly as if this kiss is so delicate. The water forms gentle movements around us as we kiss.

Pulling back, I lean my forehead against his. "I guess we're in a showmance. Hope the cameras didn't catch that."

"I don't want this to just be a showmance," He whispers against my lips. "I want to take you out places, I want to have movie night ins with you, I want to get to know you, I want to know what makes you cry, what makes you want to laugh. I want you."