A Wedding

TRRRRRIIINNNNNGGGG

I woke up, correction, jumped up from my bed as I was startled by Black Veil Brides' The Legacy blasting from my damn phone.

Travis was wrapped in my sheets. I was wrapped in him till I pulled away. He frowned and ran his hands over the bed, searching for me.

I slipped a pillow in between his hands and exited the room, accepting the call in the process.

"Hello?" I said and immediately smiled when my father's gruff voice rang out, "Dylan Hunter, you have failed your family....is it honestly this hard to get you on a phone and to hear your voice?"

I laughed, "I love you too dad. What's up?" I pulled on a bathroom robe as I was naked and went to my kitchen.

"Well, I'm alright. Your old lady has been doing well too." My dad replied and I could almost hear the chuckle that rumbled in his chest.

I put the phone between my shoulder and ear as I reached for a glass with one hand and got out a carton of orange juice with the other.

"So...what's the special occasion?" I asked pointedly. 

"Wow! I was trying to be subtle, but you're as subtle as a brick to the face." My dad exclaimed.

I laughed, "Well get to it, daddy." I poured the juice into the glass and took a long swig as he continued, "Roland is getting married!"

I nearly spat out my drink.

"ROLAND? MY SISTER IS GETTING MARRIED! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?" I bellowed.

Roland Hunter was my elder sister, she was 26. She lived in India and worked as a lawyer there, she also did some pro bono work for the poor.

She was a great girl and I was extremely attached to her, but the time difference between here and there made it difficult to stay in touch 24x7.

I could hear my dad exhale sharply, "Dylan, we'll explain everything to you when you get here. The wedding's on the 24th of this month. Be there. I have to go now. Skype me later darling."

And with that he cut the phone.

I wish he didn't do that. I wanted to know who she was getting married to. I wanted to know so much...I bet she must be excited. She always looked forward to the day she'd tie the knot. She always wanted this.

And now she was getting it.

Would I be a bad sister if I said that I felt a bit jealous?

I called Nick to tell him this and to ask him if he'd like to be my plus one for the event.

Travis had told me earlier that he'd be flying to Spain on the 20th for a week long convention and that it couldn't be missed at any cost.

Nick picked up on the fourth ring, "Dylan! Are you okay? What's wrong?" He said, his voice heavy with worry.

Well that's strange.

I frowned, "Hey, Nick...would you like to attend a wedding with me?"

*

(Nick's POV )

I did a double take when I heard Dylan say those words, "Wait, what?" I exited the balcony of my penthouse and walked towards my bedroom. I heard her exhale and then she began to speak, "My sister, Roland is getting married to some bastard I haven't heard about and the marriage is on 24th of this month. I don't want to go alone and...." she trailed off, clearly flustered.

I smirked at my devilishly handsome self in the mirror and spoke, "You want me to go as your plus one, baby?"

Baby seemed so intimate but I knew that after what I had learned of Travis, I needed her on my side, not his.