A New Billionaire Is In Town

I tapped furiously on the keyboard, I hated Nick Bateman in that moment. And I'm pretty sure the fire I had, was thousand times hotter than the flames of hell.

Curse you stupid Bateman.

I would be lying if I said, I wasn't hurt. If the heaving of my chest and constant sniffing of my nose, was any indicator...yeah, I was traumatised.

Nick called out, "Dylan, we have a guest coming in now. We will be partnering with them for one year."

I turned to him and asked in an annoyingly nasal voice, "Why are we partnering with them?"

"The company is small, but rich and efficient in what it does. Towards the end of the contracts, I would like to acquire it,  or if not, create a separate merger."

"Great! So there is another billionaire coming in right now?" I exhaled sharply.

"Yes," another foreign voice said and I jumped up from my seat, Nick was smiling at the person behind me. I turned around.

Sweet baby Jesus on a stick!

He was gorgeous. I know how that is my standard reply for everything, but this man truly was deserving of the word. His hair was brown, almost auburn in colour.

He had pale blue eyes, almost baby blue in color, a straight Roman nose and moderately sized lips...red lips at that. His jaw structure was so sharply defined, you could probably cut your hand when you ran it along the outline. His cheekbones were impressive, giving his face, a killer look.

His massive chest was encased in a white shirt, whose sleeves were rolled up to the elbow, giving me a good view of the veins that ran underneath. His buttons were undone to the third,  revealing a taut, tanned chest with just the right amount of hair, that looked  impressive on him. His narrow waist and firm, muscular legs were straining in a navy suit.

This man was made to kill women and get their panties flying in the air as a sign of a forfeited virginity.

"Babe, my face is up here." His chest rumbled with a deep laughter, he curled his finger under my chin and pulled it up to look at him. His eyes were curious and searching.

"S-s-sorry sir, won't happen again." I stammered. I was pulled away sharply by Nick as he thrust his hand out for a handshake, "Nick Bateman, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Travis Maddox, the pleasure," his eyes flickered to mine at that word, "is all mine." His gaze reverted back to Nick.

I exhaled sharply, was that for me.

He had looked at me, that I knew.

"Who is this pretty lady?" Travis said, bending down to kiss me on my cheek. And it wasn't a light kiss, it was harder,  more possessive. He extended his hand and I took it, trying very hard not to look surprised when he slyly slipped a tiny paper in my hand, "I'm Dylan Hunter, Nick's assistant."

He smiled, "I wish, you were my assistant. That way, I'd actually have an interest in showing my face in the office."

"But Nick has told me all about how you are one of the most hardworking billionaires in NY. I'm pretty sure, that success isn't achieved by slacking." I smartly replied and flushed when he laughed again, "You are very feisty, it's great! Nice to see someone who can bite back harder and faster."

Then Nick said, "Well Travis, you will have enough time to fraternize with the execs of the company but business calls." Nick walked into his office, leaving Travis and me behind, "Sir you should-" but Travis rudely cut me off by placing his lips on mine, briefly brushing them  together, "I want to meet you, outside of work...call me." He whispered tantalisingly in my ear and entered the office, flashing my flustered face a naughty smile as he closed the door.