6 / Coming Over

-3 weeks later-

"You've never looked better" David said, picking Maddy up from her apartment, filming her as she approached his car.

She was wearing the exact same outfit as David, red vans, black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt, and a black hat. Her brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail, with parts sticking out in an attempt to mimic David's hairstyle.

"I feel like i'm fucking back in private school wearing a uniform" She said, opening the door.

"You look good. Not as good as me, but good"

Maddy changed the subject. The two drove to their friend Tana's party they were both invited to with a "matching" theme. After a half hour drive, they arrived at and entered Tana's house.

"NOOOOO FUCKING WAY" Tana yelled as they walked into her kitchen, pulling her camera out.

"Lay on the ground" Maddy said, grabbing a hand towel off of Tana's counter and pretending to put it on Tana's face.

"That is so fucking funny" Tana said, giving Maddy a hug.

Maddy and David ended up on nearly everyone's snapchat stories, and even when they weren't in the same room people knew exactly who Maddy was dressed like.

"Heath, can you take a picture of us?" David asked, handing Heath his phone. "What are we doing in these?" David asked Maddy.

"You just smile like you usually do and i'll try to copy it"

Heath took a bunch of pictures and handed the phone back to David.

"Holy shit" David laughed, scrolling through the pictures. He eventually went inside while Maddy stayed outside talking to Heath.

After Heath left to get a drink, Liza sat down next to Maddy.

"That is hilarious" She said, referencing Maddy's outfit.

"Thank you!"

"I think he likes you" Liza smiled.

Maddy raised her eyebrows.

"I-"

"And I think you should go for him"

Maddy scanned Liza's face for a hint of sarcasm, but could not find it. She could tell Liza was being sincere.

"I know you guys have been friends for a while, but you would be really good for each other. I don't know if you see him like that, but I have a feeling he wants to go for you and I don't want you to think you don't have my blessing. I already told him this."

Maddy just looked at Liza. Liza smiled and shrugged.

"Obviously ultimately you need to do what you want, but you'd be cute together"

"Thanks, Liza" Maddy said, putting a hand on her face.

"If you want to consider him, you have my support" Liza said, putting her hand on Maddy's shoulder as Heath returned with two beers.

Liza got up and went back over to her boyfriend.

"What was that about?" Heath asked, handing Maddy a beer.

"I think i'm living in a simulation"

"Huh?"

"Liza just gave me her blessing to date David and I don't know how to feel about that"

"We all have a running joke about how often he talks about you"

"Seriously?"

"Did you forget him confessing that he loved you?"

"I thought that was a drunk thing"

"Drunk words are sober thoughts, baby"

Maddy drank some beer before speaking.

"Do you really think he's into me?"

"I don't know, but it looks like you're about to find out" Heath said. Maddy turned around and saw David walking towards them. He sat next to Maddy.

"I'm getting kind of tired" David said. "Wanna leave? If you're ok with that"

"Of course"

David and Maddy stood up and Maddy shot Heath a look. The two said bye to Heath and a few others as they made their way out to David's car, somehow on the topic of movies. During that time, Maddy decided to instagram the picture of her and David with the caption "One of us is gonna have to change"

"I heard The Darkest Minds was good" Maddy said.

"I haven't seen it"

"Same, I mean, I guess that was obvious"

"Do you want to go see it tomorrow?"

"Are you asking me on a date?" Maddy blurted out.

David laughed and looked over at Maddy.

"Are you making it a date?" He laughed.

"No, I just- yeah we should go see it tomorrow" Maddy said, shaking her head and squeezing her eyes shut while laughing.

"Ok, cool"

"Cool"

The two sat just listening to the radio as David pulled up in front of Maddy's apartment complex.

"Do you really want to go tomorrow?" He asked, turning towards Maddy.

"Yes, definitely"

"Alright, I'll text you, ok?"

"Sounds good" Maddy said, getting out of the car, and leaning into the car through the open window. "See you tomorrow" She smiled.

"See you tomorrow"

About an hour, Maddy checked her instagram and saw she was tagged in the same picture she had posted by David with the caption "Well one of us is gonna have to change our caption"

Would you want me if I want you that way? (Coming Over - James Hersey)