8 / Talk Too Much

-3 weeks later-

"So where are we going?" David asked as he got into Maddy's car.

"I promise you, we will get there and you will see" Maddy said, putting her hand on David's shoulder and looking him straight in the eyes. "I am telling you right now I will not drive aimlessly and we will arrive at a destination"

David shook his head and laughed.

"It's gonna be about 2 hours to get there, that's cool right?" Maddy asked.

"If I get to see your favorite place on earth and spend at least 4 uninterrupted hours with you? Yeah, it's worth it"

Maddy and David drove for 2 hours, listening to Maddy's playlist and talking.

"This playlist is so fucking good, Maddy"

"Oh, I know. It's my songs i'm eventually going to use as outros playlist"

"You're gonna send this to me"

"Pushy! Kind of hot, though" Maddy said in a fake valley girl accent, one of her signature jokes.

"Oh shut up. I'm gonna text you now so you remember to send it to me"

"You can just send it to yourself from my phone"

"I have no clue how to do that"

"You just have to- nevermind"

Finally, they arrived in La Jolla, California. Maddy parked in the small "downtown" shopping area, parking her car in a lot.

"This is so cute" David said, looking around as they got out of the car.

"Oh, this isn't even what I wanted to show you"

Maddy led the way down towards the water. David stopped looked out from a distance at the water.

"Holy shit"

"Still not what I wanted to show you" Maddy, who was still walking called over her shoulder.

Maddy continued walking closer, over to a small concrete wall which she sat down on to hop onto some rocks below.

"This" she said, motioning to dozens of sea lions and seals laying all over the rocks. "Is what I wanted to show you"

"What the fuck?" David asked, laughing. "They're so cute"

"Right?! I fucking love them"

Maddy and David walked closer to the seals, and eventually came to the agreement that David could post the seals on social media but Maddy would refrain so people didn't get too suspicious that they were together. Maddy took a picture of David in front of a group of them, laughing and getting multiple angles before handing David his phone back.

"I want to caption this 'You may think i'm smiling because the seals are cute, but i'm smiling because i'm looking at the cutest thing on the beach' and tag you... but I won't"

"That is so corny" Maddy laughed.

"I am the caption master, and you need to respect me" David said.

"Sorry king Dobrik, it won't happen again your highness" Maddy said, playing on the joke that David was the ruler of his friend group.

"I want to show you something else"

Maddy led David back up and then down to a cove.

"Pretty, huh? I mean... less seals, but still cool"

"Absolutely" David said, looking around.

The two sat down on some rocks, watching the waves crash on the beach.

"How often do you come here?"

"Well, I know it's a long drive but it's a nice break from LA if I need it. Then I can be back the same day too... whenever I feel like it? That's a bad answer. Once a month?"

"Now I know where to find you. Why am I not surprised that you found this place?"

"Because I love animals? Because I have too much time on my hands, maybe?"

"No, I think it's that nobody I know in LA ever explores California. You're either in LA, at your parents house, or on a trip. Nobody just drives around and actually finds things in the area unless it's plastered all over instagram. I mean, hell, neither do I, this is just such a Maddy thing to find. You're... I don't know how to even explain it. Thoughtful? I just... you're really cool. You're not even trying or faking it though. You-"

Maddy cut him off by kissing him.

"Was I rambling?" David asked, smiling as they pulled apart.

"No, I just wanted to kiss you"

You know I talk too much, honey come put your lips on mine and shut me up (Talk Too Much - Coin)