Chapter Seven: Dueling Part Two

Start from the beginning

"Harry?" Draco now wasn't focused on the broom but instead on the raven haired boy on the floor. "Harry what's wrong ? Do you not like it?"

"Not like it? No I love it. But I don't deserve it. I'm useless there's no point for the broom, I should give it back I'm just a burden." Harry's voice was barely above a whisper as he spoke. Draco looked at him hard, almost glaring at him.

"You are not a burden," Draco started firmly and dangerously calm,"You are an amazing quidditch player and you do deserve it. Harry stop bringing yourself down like this you are amazing. Since I have met you you have been nothing but kind to those who show you kindness and you are smart. Your intelligent and you are powerful. I mean you made the best needle, the only needle in McGonagalls and you can bloody talk to snakes. Your top in all of our classes so far and all of the teachers practically adore you. So stop saying your a burden and don't deserve it cause you do Harry you do deserve it." Harry and Draco both had tears streaming down their faces. Harry stared at Draco in disbelief and shock while searching for something in Draco's solemn expression. Once he had apparently found what he was looking for he launched himself into Draco's arms clinging to him tightly while he sobbed.

"I'm sorry, I just- I-"

"I know Harry it's ok. The next time I get the chance I'll kill those bloody muggle relatives of yours." Harry looked up at Draco with tears still shining in his eyes.

"Promise?"

"Promise" Harry and Draco went back to the Great Hall and finished their breakfast before heading off to classes.

Once they finished their classes they headed to the dungeons but were stopped by a second year Hufflepuff with bronze hair and grey eyes.

"Flint asked me to grab you guys and tell you to get your brooms and get to the pitch. He said something about practicing." Draco and Harry looked at each other before rushing off to their room, changing their clothes and running out to the pitch with their brooms in their hands.

As they reached the pitch they craned their necks to see the six tall hoops, the barren stands and a small green and silver form standing in the middle of the pitch with a trunk and broom at their feet. As they neared the figure they realized that it was Flint himself in his quidditch robes.

"Glad to see you got my message, guess Diggorys not that incompetent, for a Hufflepuff at least." Harry and Draco stifled a snigger to which Flint smugly smirked at before continuing. "I called you here to see if you really have the skills that I've heard about. I will release the snitch a couple of times for you Potter and for you Malfoy you must try to get the quaffle through me. Got it? Ok mount your brooms and take to the skies I'll be right there." Harry and Draco took off at beak neck speeds circling the pitch with smiles on their faces. Mini time skip. Harry and Draco landed their brooms and wiped the sweat of the faces. Draco had successfully gotten thirty five out of forty goals and Harry had gotten ten out of ten, catching the golden ball in under five minutes each time.

"Well well it seems Snape was right, you definitely are good. Welcome to the team boys. I'll inform the rest of our team as soon as I'm done out here." Flint was already walking away as he finished his sentence leaving a tired but happy pair of first years.

They walked back up to their dormitory, thankfully empty, took separate showers and before either really realized what happened they fell into a deep slumber.

What they didn't realize was that they had collapsed on the same bed and as they slept they had maneuvered themselves so that they were lying in each others arms. The blonde and raven were found in this position hours later when a worried Blaise came looking for them after they missed dinner, but the Italian boy smiled lightly before leaving their dorm and to his own.