PART TWO

"Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is essential to a Jedi's life. So you might say, that we are encouraged to love."

***

"Ezra?"

"Ezra?"

"Lucas?"

"Hey, how've you been?"

"Oh, you know, surviving I guess." Lucas chuckled, as he raked his fingers through his hair. It had been a few months since school had ended. Currently it was mid July, scolding hot out and absolutely miserable.

With the uncomfortably hot temperatures of summer, New York City wasn't as busy as one would except. This allowed Ezra to freely walk the streets, traveling to Manhattan and Brooklyn as much as she desired.

"So I heard your birthday was recently."

"Last month, but yeah."

Lucas smiled as he watched Ezra fiddle with her denim skirt. "Well, happy sixteenth."

"Thank you, Lucas."

"So what brings you here today?" Currently the two teens stood at the receptionist desk.

"Oh, you know, Aunt Carla forgot her lunch, and I wanted to drop it off to her."

"That's quite a trip just for lunch."

"I know, but it's summer, I've got nothing better to do."

For a bit the two were quiet, something Ezra wasn't used to. "So . . . I went on a date last week."

At this point, Ezra wasn't jealous or mad at the thought of Lucas being with someone. She didn't have the right to be.

"Really? That's amazing, what's the lucky girl's name?" Ezra wiggled her eyebrows, while Lucas chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"His name is Drew."

"Oh, you never told me you were . . ."

"Bi?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I never thought it was something to make a big deal about."

"You're right," Ezra smiled widely feeling happy for Lucas. "I'm glad you're happy though, you deserve it."

"Thanks, E. How about you, any special guy in your life?"

Ezra nodded her head, thinking of Peter's face. "Yeah, his name is Peter. You met him at the movies that one night."