27 - Happily Ever Hogan

Ezra's leg couldn't stop shaking, as her long and tortuous taxi drive to Stark Towers moved along

Ezra felt terrible as the nice driver tried to carry a conversation, only to fall flat, because Ezra hadn't even payed attention to the poor man.

As the long drive finally came to a halt, Ezra jumped out of the cab, threw her money at the man, thanked him, and ran.

To her luck, or the exact opposite of luck, she was too late as she watched the jet take off, along with a flying villain and Spider Man webbed onto Vulture's wings.

"Shit, shit, shit." She muttered quietly, while fumbling for her phone, and immediately dialed Tony Stark's number.

"This is Tony, I haven't answered the phone because, one, I can't talk, or two, you're not worth my time. Leave a message!"

"No, come on Tony, please, pick up." Ezra called four more times with no response, deciding that she'd have to take matters into her own hands. Literally.

Quickly, or as quickly as a girl who's five foot can run, Ezra made her way towards Stark Towers, where she was immediately stopped by a receptionist.

"Wait, where do you think you're going?" A middle aged woman, with an overly tight pan suit, and lopsided bun questioned.

"I need to speak to Happy Hogan, it's urgent." The lady snorted, as she shook her head.

"That's funny kid, how about you just go home."

"Do you know who I am?" The words came out more selfish than she meant, and immediately Ezra felt bad. "I didn't mean for it to come out that way, I mean, I'm . . ." She sighed, while rolling her eyes, "I'm the Emerald Sorceress, and there's a very large problem, and I need to talk to Happy or Tony, immediately." The receptionist eyed Ezra up and down, giving her a stuck up glare.

"That's funny kid, and I'm a millionaire, who doesn't live in a studio apartment and is happily married, without three cats." Ezra's eyebrows furrowed, at the detailed answer the receptionist had given her, and immediately the woman regretted her words. "To make a long story short, go home."

Quickly, Ezra eyed the elevator, and she did the only thing she could think of. With her powers, she forced the two doors open and ran towards the small confined box.

"Hey!" The receptionist yelled, as Ezra hit the top floor button and the doors slid shut.

"Sorry!" She apologized, while she began her journey to the top floor.

***

While Ezra was dealing with a way to help Peter, Peter was dealing with a way to stop the Vulture. At the moment, he held tightly onto the automatic jet, that was flying many boxes of advanced weapons.

Thinking of a solution to beat this villain, he watched as Vulture used the same technology in D.C., to get into the tractor trailer. As Vulture made his way into the self flying jet, while a co worker directed him to the control panel, where he redirected a faulty jet, and began to graze the multiple weapons.