| 20 | Anything for You |

I woke up three times that night, bawling my eyes out and Liam got up and talked me out of it each time, eventually getting me to fall back asleep. The third time I woke up, he told me he was going to stay up because he had things to do around his apartment, that he'd be right outside the door if I needed him. When I woke up for good around eleven, I heard him doing something in the kitchen, so I got up and made my way out of his room and into the kitchen.

"Hungry?" he asked as I stood across from him at the counter.

"No," I replied quietly.

"You need to eat something," he said, "When did you eat last?" 

"Lunch yesterday," I replied quietly.

"You need food Liv," he sighed, "How about corned beef hash? I've got some in the cupboard?" 

"Sure," I sighed.

"Do you want some ice for your eye?" he asked as he found what he needed to cook the can of hash he found in the cabinet.

"Sure," I replied.

"I'll grab something, how about you sit down on the couch?" he suggested.

"Okay," I replied, turning around and sitting down on the couch.

"It's probably going to stay on better if you lay down," he said, bringing a bag of frozen vegetables over to the couch.

"Okay," I replied, laying down and letting him set the bag of vegetables on my face.

"I'll be in the kitchen," he said, walking away.

I laid there on the couch, nearly falling asleep as I sat there with the ice on my face. My body hurt so bad that it made me exhausted. The doctor at the ER had prescribed Percocet to help me with the pain but the last thing I wanted to do was take narcotics that were going to knock me out. I'd only taken a narcotic once before when I had my wisdom teeth out and I didn't remember the three days that I had been on them a week later, I didn't want to be loopy and tired for the next week, I figured I could just suck it up and sleep it off and just take Tylenol for the pain if I needed it.

"You still awake?" he asked as he walked over to the couch.

"Barely," I replied quietly.

"Can I sit here?" he asked, two bowls in his hands.

"Yeah," I replied, taking the ice off of my face and moving it to my ribs as I sat up on the couch.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked as we sat there eating in silence.

"No," I said, tears filling my eyes.

"I understand," he said, setting his bowl down and wrapping his arm around me.

@@@

The rest of the day was spent on the couch staring at the wall, Liam sat there in the chair next to the couch on his computer. Occasionally, I caught him staring at me, a helpless look in his eyes.

I fell asleep on the couch eventually, it was long past dark but I had no idea what time it was, I'd done nothing all day.

"Liv," Liam said quietly, gently touching my shoulder to wake me.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Want to go to bed?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Come on Liv," he said, gently picking me up off of the couch and carrying me into his room, "I'll be right next to you if you need me."

"Okay," I said quietly as he pulled the covers up to my chin.