| 3 |Stay |

My first week in Estero was a whirlwind but it was an absolute blast and the season hadn't even officially started yet. By Friday night, I had plans with Amy, the secretary who'd hired me, to go out to one of the popular bars around town that she said all the locals hung out at. She was great, she was a lot like me and I was extremely glad that I found someone to befriend so quickly, being alone was going to get boring real quick if I hadn't found someone to hang out with outside of work. Besides, I felt like shit all day, down in the dumps for no apparent reason since I got up this morning.

"You look great!" Amy exclaimed as I opened the door to my apartment.

"You're sure?" I laughed.

"It's perfect," she said, "It's super hot here, especially in the bar, besides you have a killer bod and you should show it off, you're single, you're hot and you don't even have to meet your future boyfriend, you can just dance with someone to take your mind off of whatever it is that's putting you in a bummed out mood."

"Thanks," I laughed, checking my makeup one more time, "you're sure it's not slutty or anything? I feel like I'm wearing nothing," I laughed, looking myself up and down in the mirror, clad in leggings that were black and covered in coral and turquoise colored flowers were low rise and that were slighter tighter than what I cared to wear on a regular day along with a halter top that was a bright turquoise with a deep v-neck and straps that crossed in the back and went to my belly button along with a pair of barely grey shoes that laced up with a peep toe with a heel that added about four inches to my height. The pants were tight, my shirt was tight, my shirt pushed my boobs up, I looked hot, hotter than I think I ever tried to look before.

But then again, I never went out trying to get a guy, or get a guy's attention even. I met Liam the first few weeks of school at the party and I never wanted anything more. Even after we broke up, I had no desire to go out and party that school year, I met my second boyfriend in the cafeteria, I had dropped my plate one day at breakfast bright and early at 7:15 after being up all night crying and being an emotional wreck. I'd gotten syrup all over my shirt and my food was everywhere on the floor

"You're fine, you're hot, you're looking for someone to have fun with for the night at the bar. You're going to be dancing, it's going to be super hot, you're fine, there'll be girls in bikini tops there, don't worry," she said.

"Whatever you say," I sighed, following out to the car.

"So, you make any other friends yet?" she asked as we got into her VW convertible.

"Maybe? Kind of?" I laughed.

"Who?" she said, giving me a look.

"Sebastian Luther, we met at the sub shop my second day and then he keeps poking his head in my office every time he's around and not busy," I replied, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Ooh," she smiled, "The hometown superstar, everybody loves Sebastian, especially the ladies."

"Of course," I laughed, "Of course."

"What's that supposed to mean?" she asked.

"Nothing, nothing, it's just the last guy I dated, he was the superstar and the one all the girls were always watching," I sighed, "I have a knack for getting myself into this kind of thing I guess."

"Well then, I guess we'll just have to go find you someone tonight," she winked.

"Sounds good to me," I sighed.

###

My adventure out to the bar was more pleasant than I thought it would be and I had enjoyed the previous four or five hours more than I thought I would. But now it was getting late, even for me, and Amy was dancing with a guy on the other side of the place and I was sitting at the bar, contemplating what exactly I could drown my shitty feelings in next. Her friend she met had a friend with him but he was so not my type and I had ditched him hours ago.