| 18 | Screwed |

That Monday morning, the team travelled up to Virginia to play the team in Norfolk in a two game series Monday and Tuesday nights

Liam had convinced me to tag along with the team to get my mind off of Sebastian, who wasn't making the trip because he was concussed. I agreed that it might be good to get out of town for a few days.

I'd called Liam in the morning, thanking him for picking up the bar tab and carrying me home, literally, and making sure I was okay. He ended up coming over and dragging me out of the apartment and we went down to the beach and stayed there nearly all Sunday.

I missed spending time with him, he knew me better than anyone else ever had and he just got me, there was no other way to better describe it. I was trying to convince myself that we weren't going to be anything other than friends ever again, that I was content with being friends and not having another relationship with him.

But it wasn't working because every now and then, he would look at me with that stupid glimmer in his eye or he'd laugh at something I said and I thought I was falling in love with him all over again.

I was screwed.

They won both games in Virginia, and the entire team went out to the hotel bar after the second game because we weren't flying out until 11:00 the next morning. I tagged along with a few of the wives and girlfriends that I already somewhat knew but I eventually just gravitated toward Liam, as usual.

We were both pretty tipsy by the time we decided to go back up to our rooms and were leaning on each other, trying not to let the other fall over on the way to the elevator and down the hall where our rooms were.

"Here I am," I sighed as we approached my room number.

"307?" he asked.

"307," I replied.

"Well I'm in 306," he remarked, "right across the hall."

"How convenient," I said.

"Very convenient," he agreed, "Are you doing anything else tonight?" he asked as I dug through my purse for my key card.

"Wasn't planning on it," I replied, "It's 2:30 in the morning."

"I had a suggestion," he replied, a twinkle in his eye that I knew all too well.

"And what's that?" I asked, a grin tugging at the corner of my mouth.

"Me," he replied.

"What?" I asked.

"I would really like to be what you're doing tonight," he smirked.

"That was actually smooth," I laughed, unlocking and opening my door.

"So is that an invitation to come in with you?" he asked.

"What do you think?" I asked as he followed me inside.

He didn't answer, he just shut the door behind him and planted a soft kiss on my lips before pulling away just long enough to snake his one arm around my waist and pull me in before kissing me again, this time more firmly as his free hand held the back of my head, his fingers tangling themselves in my hair while I threw my arms around his neck.

It was funny when I thought about it, or at least funny as I thought about it drunk with my hands all over him, that we weren't capable of being friends, that this was how it turned out the last time we said we were just friends, it just must've been destined to happen this way.

The only difference was this time, even though I was the cheater this time, I felt no guilt at all as his fumbling fingers unhooked my bra and threw it to the floor.