I take it from his hands and quickly open it, my eyes widening at what's in front of me. "A cupcake" I practically squeal, unable to contain my excitement. "That's my favorite dessert." I take the plastic box out of the bag and attempt to open it when a pair of hands cover mine.

"You should wait until lunch Daisy." Seth suggests with a hint of sternness.

I frown, really craving the dessert right now, but do as he says. "Thank you." I wrap my arms around him for a hug, which he returns.

"Of course." He kisses the top of my head.

"Aye, little one!" I turn around at the loud voice. Jackson and Austin are walking towards us with matching grins.

I smile shyly and wave at them.

"So what's the plan after school?" Jackson asks, leaning against Dustin's car once he reaches us. Dustin, Seth and I all look at him curiously. He rolls his eyes. "Yesterday Dustin said we could all hang out today. So...what's the plan?"

I suddenly feel excited to hang out with them, especially Seth. He's my favorite. "Can we go to the diner you brought me to Dustin? Remember, you brought me there last month on my going out day."

Once a month, Dustin brings me out to wherever I choose. Or at least that's how it used to be. It's only once because he's so busy with football and school, plus he works too. We call it my 'going out day', that's what I call it anyway. It's the only time i'm allowed to really leave the house. I can go into our garden anytime I want though, I just can't leave the area of my yard.

"Your 'going out day'? What's that-" Dustin cuts off Jackson's question by clearing his throat. "Yeah, we can go there pumpkin."

I smile brightly and clasp my hands together.

"You talking about Jessie's Diner, down by fourth street?" Seth asks Dustin while crossing his arms over his chest.

I nod, answering for him. "Yes! Have you been?"

Austin chuckles. "Babe, everyone's been to Jessie's." His eyes suddenly widen at something behind me so I turn, seeing Seth sending him a glare.

I tilt my head. "Oh."

"So meet here after seventh, we can all ride together." Dustin says.

Everybody nods in agreement before we make our way to class.

~

"Ava!" I exclaim as I walk into Art.

She looks up from her phone. "Hey Dee."

I smile at the nickname. "How are you?"

She shrugs. "Pretty fucking good. What about you?"

I giggle at her cursing and take a seat next to her. "I'm great. Seth, Dustin, Jackson, Austin and I are all going to Jessie's Diner after school. You should come. You'll have to squeeze a little in the car but it'll be worth it. Jessie's is really good. Plus you'll get to meet my brother, and Seth." I ramble.

Ava laughs. "Okay, i'm in."

~

"Who's this, Daisy?" My brother asks as Ava and I walk towards the group waiting by the cars.

I told Ava to meet me by the Art class after school so we could walk together. Usually I would walk with Dustin since we have seventh period together but I told him I was meeting up with someone. He kept asking who but I told him it was a surprise and basically had to shove him away.