7

the world gives you so much painand here you aremaking gold out of it

and here you are
making gold out of it.

CHAPTER SEVEN

DAISY

I wake up the next morning, excited and ready to go to school and see my friends. Dustin has always been my only friend, best friend. It's not that I don't love him, it's just nice having new people around.

I'm also excited to see Seth and the treat he got me.

Hopefully it's food. I really like food.

"Almost ready pumpkin?" I hear Dustin ask from the hallway.

I run my hands down my dress and smile. "Yes bubba!"

As I walk down the stairs and over to the front door, I spot Dustin already there

He looks up and his eyes widen. "You need a coat Daisy." Is the first thing he says.

I frown. "But-"

He raises an eyebrow so I stop talking and instead nod. I grab one of his jean jackets and pull it on.

Once we reach the school, I immediately hop out of the car and look around, frowning when I don't spot Seth's black car anywhere.

The sound of tires screeching breaks me out of my disappointment and directs my attention to the entrance. Seth's car speeds around the parking lot. I giggle and watch as he messily parks in the spot next to ours.

"Seth!" I exclaim once he gets out, moving closer until i'm right in front of him.

He smiles, showing me his perfect teeth. "Hi sweetheart."

"What'd you get me?" I ask, bouncing on my toes.

Seth chuckles at my movement and pulls out a brown paper bag from his car.