30

she was an angel,that made even the devil want to get to heaven

she was an angel,
that made even the devil
want to get to heaven

CHAPTER THIRTY

SETH

I drop the practically gone cigarette onto the ground with a heavy sigh.

Fuck. Daisy would be so disappointed.

I stomp on the cancer stick before leaning forward to rest my hands on the railing of the balcony that's connected to my room. My head hangs down as I close my eyes and think about how shitty the past two days have been without seeing Daisy.

How the fuck did I survive before I met her?

It's Sunday night, which means I get to see her at school tomorrow. I wonder what it's gonna be like. Will she ignore me?

Obviously dipshit, that's the whole point of taking a break.

After i've had enough of being outside, I head into my dark room. I brush my teeth but don't bother doing anything else before plopping down onto my bed.

As obsessive as it sounds, i've been sending Daisy a text every night before I "go to bed", which is really just me laying here, staring up at the ceiling while trying to figure out why the fuck I did what I did.

What I told her was the truth. I couldn't control my anger. But i've never snapped at her like that before. I've never, ever said shit that I knew would hurt her. So why the fuck did I have to finally snap at her two nights ago?

Cause you're an asshole.
You always have been.
It's practically in your blood.

I groan at my own thoughts and finally grab my phone, typing out my text to her.

i missed you so much today. i miss kissing you, i miss your hugs. and holy fuck, i never knew i could miss someone's voice as much as i do yours. especially right now.

I send the first text with my jaw clenched.

It's true. All I wanna hear right now is the sound of her voice.

sleep well baby, i love you

As soon as that's sent, I turn off my phone and toss it onto the bedside table, knowing she isn't gonna reply, considering she hasn't answered the other texts i've sent.

I spend the whole night wishing I could go back and fix what happened. Which has become my new nightly routine.

~