14. Deep Water

"When I'm sinking like a stone."

Quinn Fox was a vampire. 

He had been shortly after Lynn Forbes was bitten and turned. Both were turned by Klaus and while he didn't explain much outside don't go outside during the day, he was both a father and older brother to them. 

Lynn was Quinn's little sister and hell or high water, he'd do anything to protect her. So when he got a phone call from Klaus after not hearing from him for a year and a half, asking for him to talk to his witch friend to find Lynn; Quinn did just that a little bit more. 

He got what he needed from a panicked Claire. The witched loved Lynn but nearly as much as Quinn, that was why she elected to stay in Maine to look over their mansion.

Quinn himself packed a bag, compelled a local pilot and flew himself to Colorado. He hadn't called Klaus, be it from his annoyance at him trying to lie or the fact that he had let Lynn get kidnaped. 

How Quinn knew she was kidnapped? 

Claire was a powerful witch and she was able to not only locate where Lynn was, but with the help of her mother and aunt, were able to see just who had taken her. Arden Gray. At one point, Quinn had considered him a brother and Lynn the love of her life. 

After her mother's death and the events of Castine; Arden Gray was an enemy. All good memories were erased and the second Quinn saw him, he'd rip the beating heart straight from his chest.

The plane landed directly in the middle of a deserted highway. No doubt a danger but Quinn didn't care. He was out of the plane and it was taking off as quickly as it had descended and he jumped out. 

Once all of this was over, he'd have to tell Lynn how he took a plane to save her; she'd find it impossible hilarious. The thought of Lynn sent him storming through the woods, his features in a permanent scowl as he pulled his phone from his pocket. 

He quickly dialed Klaus's number, his pettiness having ceased on the plane ride over. As he came upon a simple modern styled log cabin, he slammed face first into nothing as Klaus answered.

"Sonuvabitch!" Quinn moaned.

"Let me guess," Klaus drawled. "You found Lynnessa and ran head first into a witches barrier."

"Are you here?" Quinn grunted, pushing himself with one arm. His gaze swept the woods around him. He could hear shuffling of footsteps but the scent was unfamiliar to him. 

"Tell me you didn't go through the trouble to find her only to send someone else."

Klaus made a hissing noise. "Of course!" He snarled. 

"What would you have me do? Turn up in the open when my crazy mother is roaming? She'd kill all of us if she saw me."

Quinn grit his teeth. He wasn't entirely certain what Klaus was going on about. "You and Lynnie have some serious explaining to do." He huffed. 

The vampire gossip was only that a Mickelson was engaged to Lynn Forbes, a fairly new vampire. Along with this was news of the first witch being resurrected and that was all the news that Quinn had been made aware of.

"Just get your sister and come home." Klaus ordered. Worry and exasperation filled his tone, something only Quinn and Lynn could detect. He breathed deeply. 

"Be careful, son." He hung up.

Quinn felt pride swell in his chest. Klaus trusted him to save Lynn, to save his sister; he wouldn't let him down. Stuffing his phone into his pocket he stood and pressed his palms flat against the barrier. Shoving forward with all of his strength, he let out a frustrated shout.