neetenin

Caelum doesn't say anything, there's nothing to say.

He watches amused as Aerglo slips into bed, still in xyr original form as a giant and intimidating alien.  However, the sight of his mate and xyr weight dipping into the mattress is anything but intimidating.

"My apologies," xe slithers, eyes staring at him unblinkingly.

"For?"

"Being a... mother hen," Aerglo huffs, not at all amused at xyr mate's little giggle.

"It's okay," Caelum snickers, opening his arms for his mate, "we're okay."

Aerglo slumps against him with a rush of air, face burying against Caelum's swollen belly.

"And how is our little one, eno elttil?"

Caelum grins, reaching for Aerglo's hand and pressing it on his belly.  Aerglo stares at the small mound intently, holding xyr breath as xe waits and waits.

Tense minutes tick by and xe is about to give up when xe feels it.  A small nudge against the palm of xyr hand, greeting a shy hello.

"That's... That's our little one," xe gasps in surprise.

Caelum nods, smiling brightly.

He's felt little flutters for days now, weak nudges against his palm as he rests it against his belly, a subconscious habit.  And he's never been happier that Aerglo can now feel their little one move and stretch inside of him.

"I promise," Aerglo vows, "that you and our little one will be safe."

Caelum nods, eyes straying to their hands interlocked on his baby bump.

Dr. Vega hasn't been able to confirm anything.  No amount of studies can determine how his body will continue to handle the pregnancy, how he will be able to give birth.  All they know as of now, is that this pregnancy is high risk because he's male and it's slightly terrifying.

Aerglo can practically taste the heavy bitterness of apprehension and fear coming from xyr mate's scent.

"Eno elttil?" Aerglo asks.

Caelum sighs, breathing deeply before offering his mate a small feigned smile as he changes the topic, "What does that mean?"

Aerglo tilts xyr head, "What does what mean, eno elttil?"

"That," Caelum huffs, completely butchering the pronunciation as he tries, "e-eno el-elttil."

"It means little one, my little one," Aerglo answers, lips stretching into a thin teasing smile, "an endearment I find quite fitting."

"Are you making fun of me?" Caelum asks, poking his mate's side.

Aerglo laughs, chuckling deep from xyr chest, "of course not."

Caelum doesn't believe xem for one second, but he'll give xem the benefit of the doubt regardless.

They quickly lapse into a comforting silence.  A thin membrane closes Aerglo's eyes as xe nuzzles against Caelum's side lovingly.  They lay in bed, their bed, but there's still something niggling the back of his mind.

"How long until we get there?" Caelum asks quietly.

"Three weeks," Aerglo responds, xyr body slightly tensing.

"What... What's going to happen when we get there?"

"Many things," xe sighs honestly, looking up at xyr little human, "but everything will be alright," Aerglo assures.

Caelum nods, trying hard to believe xem, to believe his mate.

Aerglo knows Caelum is uneasy and xe adds softly an earnest, "I love you."

He finds that he can't answer right away.  There's a heaviness settling in his chest and in the pit of his stomach like a boulder of worry.  It almost feels as if something bad were about to happen.  Suffocating is the only way he can truly describe it.  Caelum doesn't know what to do except trust his mate.

Aerglo presses xyr lips against the warm taut skin of xyr mate's belly before kissing Caelum's lips properly.  

And Caelum melts into the reassuring touch, for a brief moment he even forgets about the crushing weight of reality, "I love you too... we love you."

Aerglo smiles, because looking at Caelum is like looking at xyr entire world.

●•●•●

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated recently 😥 I've been taking a mini break but I'm back!  For how long? I don't really know.  Hope you enjoyed regardless.

  Hope you enjoyed regardless

^^^

Aerglo's alien form