Chapter 9

SUSPICIOUS

"I hate it, but have I to leave you for a while, love." Albert felt apologetic. There was an issue that needed his personal appearance.

"It's alright. I will be fine. Go." Eirian picked the pills and washed them down with milk.

Albert kissed him on the head before leaving.

Eirian looked around and noticed the butler standing nearby. He clenched his fist and stuffed it in his pocket. He turned the wheelchair around. "I feel tired."

George heard the young man. He walked a few steps towards the table and stopped at a respectable distance. He bent down a little as he spoke. "Would you like me to help you upstairs Master?"

Eirian nodded. He moved towards the elevator as the butler followed behind him.

The butler pressed the button and the lift opened.

Once they reached the room, the butler opened the door. He pulled the duvet and arranged the pillows.

"I need to go to the bathroom."

The butler helped Eirian to the toilet. Then left him to do his business.

Eirian listened to the bathroom door close.

He placed his hand inside his pocket and took the pills out. He threw them in the toilet and then flushed them quickly.

After a while, he called out. The butler helped him lie down the bed. Then left after he was situated properly.

Eirian closed his eyes.

He heard the door close.

A few minutes later, Eirian truly fell asleep.

The following days, Eirian pretended to take the pills under the watchful eye of the people around him. When they were not looking, he would flush the pills away.

After many days he felt more alert and less lethargic. But he acted weak and dependent.

By that time, Eirian realized that someone was deliberately harming. him.