the girl part 1

Log in / Register

r/nosleepSeries

The Girl I Met Over the Deep Web Part 1

u/Creepomaniac

So it happened last summer, few months after I had broken up with my college girlfriend, Tina.

We had been in relation for I guess three years or so, not that I really didn’t care anymore, it’s just that I really had a hard time getting over her though during our time we got to learn that we weren’t the ideal types for one another, like I am an introvert- most of the time don’t feel like sharing anything. But Tina happened to be my polar opposite- she had this principle which she devised herself which she used to call- “The Principle of Transparency” which to her implied that couple are in a “need” of sharing “everything” with one another for the sake of keeping a relationship. And by “everything” she actually meant “everything” from what I ate, to what time I took a bath and even at what time my dad arrived home and in return she would literally share “everything” with me including her childhood crush and the first time she got to sleep with someone even calling me on my way back home to discuss what brand of women’s underwear I prefer the most. Well, having exams next week, I wasn’t really in the mood of talking about bras and underwear as the sophomore years looked to be menacing as the days went by.

But we had our good times as well like she was always sincere and devoted towards me like all the time and she was indeed a charming girl a guy could get to know. So why we decided to breakup. Well, just as she was sincere, her jealousy came as an extra package, I mean she used to be literally jealous of any girl who would approach me, which even included five year olds! Anyone could actually interpret this from her spiteful stares and you could even hear the gritting of her teeth. I had the worst during group works where we had to obviously work with the opposite gender but Tina wasn’t the type to understand that. She literally wanted the name and phone number of the girls I ever worked with and would call them in the middle of the night warning them that I was only hers. By the way, I am doing my Bachelor in Psychology at a local college in Missouri.

My female groupmates actually found my girlfriend’s behavior funny and amusing except the time when I was discussing the upcoming Term Paper with Rebecca regarding “Sleeping Disorders”, Tina strode into our conversation and literally pulled Rebecca’s hair, I then realized that it was truly getting out of hand. Tina explained that she was only “analyzing” whether Rebecca’s hair had a better cut than hers and whether I would be drawn towards it.

I was indeed upset with her and Rebecca didn’t look happy as well.

That day I still remember it, I held Tina’s shoulder and coldly told her, “Tina, look, it really isn’t working between us.”

Tina was literally shaken, a drop of tear sprinted out from her left eye while it melted down along her cheeks, she looked at me in utter bewilderment for few seconds and then shifted her gaze to Rebecca and said such with a dry smile, “Oh I now see, you truly love her haircut, perhaps you two even made love, yeah? So this is how it ends for us?”

“Hey wait, now you are making things up, it’s not like that, we are only groupmates.” I tried to hold Tina’s arms but she shoved away.

I called her name but her only reply was her cold shoulders with her bitter steps stalling away from us.

I apologized to Rebecca but she was too disturbed with the whole thing to give me a straight reply, she only muttered out, “Your girlfriend is such an asshole.”

“Well, she is no longer my girlfriend, that’s for sure.”

That evening when I arrived home from college, I tried calling Tina. Her phone was off. I thought she needed some time alone so I let her be like that. But days went by, her number remained dead as usual, she even dropped out of college and when I went to visit her home, I found out that she moved away. Jeez, I really couldn’t make out the extent of her credulity, the least she could have done was to inform me that she was moving away and get her number revived once more, I obviously was not the only one who wanted to contact her, what about her parents?