27|Proper Re-Introductions

Start from the beginning

"You as well. You look beautiful, Amelia" Hugh compliments her, causing her to blush once again.

"So, how is the party going so far? Bryan did a wonderful job, I can tell"

"It's, uh, awesome! Everyone else just kind of scattered though—By everyone, I mean my friend's. They came with me tonight" she explains.

"Oh, hopefully we can meet them tonight. I'm sure they're lovely" Mads replies.

"Hopefully" she smiles before Mads excuses himself to converse with some others. With that, it had left Hugh and Amy alone.

"So, how have you been?" he asks after a moment of silence between them.

"I have...been great. Mainly freaking out about getting the role and meeting you & Mads" she laughs.

"Well, then" he chuckles. "Congratulations on the role, you deserve it"

"Thank you, I'm just glad to even work with you all" she sheepishly admits.

They smiled right after, noticing the awkwardness but quickly discard it as they discuss other things varying from their past works and their similar interests.

Soon enough, they had been playing both slow and upbeat music. At first, they had resisted a strong urge to dance just like everyone else but after a few songs they gave in. They had begun playing a familiar tune.

Oh my, my, my, what you do to me
Like lighting when I'm swimming in the sea

Amelia reluctantly set her left hand upon Hugh's right shoulder and allowed her right hand to join with his left. His right hand was loosely secured on her waist. They had quickly moved to the beat, being in-sync.

There's an energy, When you hold me, When you touch me

They both laughed and smiled as they moved to the beat only a few times. "It feels so long since I've been at a proper party"

"Fun or tiring?"

"Both!" She laughs, feeling like she was on cloud 9. Perhaps it was that she was dancing with her long time crush-idol or that she had champagne beforehand.

And, unbeknownst to them, both Amy's & Hugh's friends had seen their exchange. Mainly, Avery & Laura had freaked out seeing as Hugh Dancy seemed unreal but they had also freaked out as they met Mads Mikkelsen, another idol of theirs.

Although, from afar, Tom & Sarah had seen it as well. He had chosen his classic black suit with his usual dress shoes but chose a red collared shirt underneath. He had arrived earlier with Sarah but saw Amy at a fixed distance. His stare was glued to her and who he unfortunately didn't care about, Hugh Dancy.

"Stop drooling, would you?" Sarah asked in annoyance. He rolled his eyes in response.

"Shush, you're not included, Richards"

"I don't really care for someone having 'thoughts' about my sister, Tommy"

"You don't even know what I'm thinking"