flowers - jinmin

jin shuffled through the aisle, trying to find the right flower bouquet for his beautiful boyfriend

jin shuffled through the aisle, trying to find the right flower bouquet for his beautiful boyfriend. he stopped at a bundle of light pink tulips and smiled to himself; jimin loves pink. 

he handed the forty dollars to the cashier. "what a wonderful pick! who's it for?" his cheeks flushed as he explained that it was his and jimin's one-year anniversary and he wanted to do something special for his baby. 

the lady chuckled to herself, as a young man named jimin left the same shop about an hour ago buying daisies for a "special someone" who's name might just be jin.

"oh wonderful, i hope you have an amazing evening!" she winked at jin as he left the shop, the bell dinging as he opened the door.

as jin rushed past the busy winter street, flowers in hand, he was mentally preparing himself for what he was going to do when he got to the apartment. 

jimin doesn't reach home until 5:00, i have enough time to pop the bottle of wine from the fridge and cook his favorite, steak. 

meanwhile, jimin just reached home. there were butterflies in his stomach as he set down the daisies and brushed his sleeves. he picked the flowers back up and started pacing around the kitchen, planning what to say to jin when he got home.

"hey baby, ha- no that's too casual"

"whaddup, i uh- that's so weird what"

"i love you so much... that might work"

he held the flowers out at an imaginary jin; "TAKE THESE FLOWERS AND PEG ME LATER." no.

as he was walking in circles, he heard the door open. jin walked in, seeing a panicked jimin fumbling with his flowers. 

"wha- i thought you, what?" jin stared at jimin in confusion, and jimin stared right back. 

jimin shrugged. "happy anniversary baby" and held out the flowers to jin. jin laughed as he pulled a bouquet out from behind his back. "hey! i got flowers too!" they both laughed as jin walked up to jimin.

he wrapped his arms around jimin, and rested his chin on his head as they rocked back and forth in a hug. "i love you jiminie, so much." jin could hear a little "i love you too" from the mass of his shoulders. 

jimin stood on his toes, and placed a long kiss on jin's lips. he let go and looked into his eyes. "what should we do, baby?" jin shrugged, and leaned back down to peck jimin's lips, nose, and cheeks. "i dunno, i was planning to make dinner?" jimin looked thoughtfully up at jin, then his eyes lit up. "i know what we can do!"

a few hours later, they were both asleep on the couch, cuddling with a little bottle of clear liquid spilling off the coffee table.