Chapter 15- She's Dying!!

Samarth's P. O.V
I was driving back from work, it's really very late. I live alone so I don't have to worry about my family. I can be as late as I want.
Today was not a very good day. I had a lot of work. I haven't slept for four days. I need some sleep, but for that matter I need to reach home quickly.
It's an Audi, so I don't have to worry about the speed.

So here I am - driving really fast. I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings. Suddenly something hit me... No..... I hit something/someone.
Fuck.
I guess, I'm in trouble. I stop the car immediately and run towards the bonnet side. It's pouring heavily.
I see a beautiful girl.... Covered in blood. No... Wait... How do I know she's beautiful or not?
Just rescue the girl, or else you'll be in trouble...!!

I just take my phone out from my pocket and dial the emergency number and call an ambulance.
She's breathing, within a few minutes the ambulance arrives.

I help the other people from the ambulance to get her inside. Once we're inside, I regret my decision. I hate blood...why am I even sitting in this ambulance?
Because it's your driving that's about to kill her!

Yes, I agree it's my fault. I just look at the girl.... She's unconscious and she's wearing that oxygen mask. It's all my fault. We just reach the hospital in time.
I call the best doctor of the hospital's emergency department.
"Please save her" I was about to say something, but they just rushed for the operation theater. I'll pray for her.
I just sit in the waiting area and rest my head in my hands.

"Sir?" someone is calling me.
".... Sir?" again.
"... Wake up sir"
Am I asleep?
"Samarth Sharma wake up!"
I was awake with a jolt. I saw my assistant Gaurav and my best friend Ajay. Yep. My PA is not a woman. I have two assistants and the other one is a woman. Neha- she's not worth being my assistant, cause she's always on maternity leave.... Only Gaurav works perfectly.
".... What?"
"Did you kill someone?" Ajay asked.
"I don't know" I said sleepily.
"Abbey kamine... Tu gadi bhi nahi chala paata?" this is how he speaks to me usually.
"Kutte-"
Just then the doctor arrived.
"Good morning Mr Sharma" he said in a taunting manner.
I just looked at my shoes. What else can I do?
"How is she now?" I asked.
"She's not critical anymore... She'll probably gain consciousness in an hour" the doctor said and relief flushed over me. The doctor left and we three sat down together.

"How?" was the only word that escaped their mouths.
I briefly explained them the story.
Ajay was really mad at me. Gaurav was also mad at me, but he was not saying anything - after all...I'm his boss.
After some time, the nurse came and told us that she had gained consciousness. I knocked on the door.
"Come in" the doctor's voice said.
I went inside, Ajay and Gaurav were not coming inside. They wanted to give me some time to apologize to that girl.
As I came inside, the doctor left the room. I went and sat down in front of the bed on the stool.
She was lost in thoughts, sitting with some tablets in her hand.

"Hey

"Hey... Look at me please" I said softly.
She had a bandage around her head, there was also a fracture in her left leg.

With some difficulty, she turned to look at me. There were tears in her eyes.
Wait a second... I think I know her. These eyes, silky hair, nice figure, beautiful face- I've seen her somewhere. But she looks somewhat different....she's not that bubbly right now.
She had an accident. Do you still think that she should be bubbly?

She is Ishita Singh, the girl I met at the mall.
"Hey...Ishita we both met at the mall. Do you remember me?"
She didn't say anything... She just kept staring at nothing in particular.
"Ishita... Do you remember me?"
She looked at me and then back at the floor.
Wtf.
She's not responding. Am I in trouble?
I just get up from the stool and walk out of the room, searching for the doctor. After a second, I find him.
"Doctor... She's not responding to me"
"Really?" he said not paying attention to me, he was checking some reports.
"Please do something"
He closed the reports and told me to sit in front of him.
"It's Post traumatic stress disorder, it's very common"
"Because of the accident?"
He thought for a moment and then got up from his chair.
"Maybe what she had was more than an accident" he said and left me in his cabin alone.

## # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
Please vote and comment