Chapter 4: Cerebro

The door opened to a large room with a single walkway and a console in the center. Charles continued towards the console with Logan and Hank following, while I looked around.

"What is this place?" I ask

"It's Cerebro," Hank tells me quietly, "This is how we would locate students. You and your old teammates actually destroyed an early version of it back when we worked for the CIA."

"So that's where I've seen you before," I say, "I had a feeling you looked familiar. And yes, I do remember destroying that thing. Those were good times back in the day."

"You guys tried to start a nuclear war against the humans."

"And since when have humans done anything for me to believe otherwise?" I asked accusingly. "They never cared about me, so why should I care about them?"

Hank didn't respond as I brushed past him to catch up with Logan and Charles, who was reluctantly pulling the helmet off of the console and putting it on.

"Raven's injured, so she shouldn't be able to get too far." Hank says as he turns on the console.

The room suddenly became dark before a flash of red lights. They appeared to be images of people, and some of them flashed from red to white. They slowly started to swirl around us as we heard them. They were hurt, and they were scared. The swirls became faster and faster, and I was starting to realize something was wrong. Before I could ask, Charles let out a pained scream and the console exploded. While Hank went to check and see if he could fix it, Charles turned to leave.

"This was a mistake." he said, "rescuing Erik, coming here, this whole thing was a mistake. I'm sorry Logan, but they sent the wrong man."

"Hey!" I shouted, "We had a deal."

Charles stopped and looked over his shoulder at me. "I know you call yourself Tsunami, but what's your real name?"

"Alyssa."

"Well I'm sorry, Miss Alyssa. We won't be able to locate the man you're looking for."

"Bullshit." I try stepping forward, ready to call him out and turn on them, but Logan stops me.

"You're right," he says, approaching Charles, "about me coming back here. It was actually supposed to be you, but I was the only one who could physically make the trip. I may not know how to help you, but we need you. Look inside my head."

"No," Charles says, "you saw what I did to Cerebro. You don't want me in there."

"There's nothing you can do that hasn't already been done."

There is a long silence as I watch Charles place his hands on Logan's temples, and start looking through his mind. Whatever he saw must have been pretty brutal from the bits and pieces of comments I heard the two say.

Suddenly, the lights came back on, and Hank returned. "Power's back on." he states.

"Yes it is," Charles says. "Miss Alyssa, could you come here, please?"

"What for?" I ask

"If you still want us to help you, we'll need to know who we're looking for."

I looked over to Logan, who simply nodded as I slowly approached the telepath. He did the same thing to me as he did to Logan, and I could see the memories surfacing from my past.

~Flashback, Third Person POV~

It's in the evening, and a young Alyssa Crane is playing with her toys in the living room of her old home. A woman enters, her mother, and gently takes one from her.