My body stiffens at the mention of the chains. I don't know much about what happened to her while she was with him. I'm not sure I do want to know.

"The doctor says its likely for you to go back into heat within a month of you waking up. As far as what happened to you over there... I don't know much. You came back beaten and bruised. Jalex said Ted had lost his temper with you and your healing abilities were being halted by the silver chains." I speak rather quickly trying to get the horrible words off of my tongue. All of this is my fault. The blame will always come back to me.

Her hands unconsciously reach for her face. It was smooth and clear of any damage now, but when she came back to us on that day... I wanted to murder every single wolf on the other side of that field the moment I saw what they had done to her.

"Um-I is there anyway to stop me from going into heat with out..." She stutters a bit as her cheeks turn a light shade of red. I can't help the smirk that overcomes my lips and I try my best to hold back my laugh. She looks so cute when she is uncomfortable.

It's clear that she has never done anything remotely sexual with anyone else, which makes me happy. It also makes me feel guilty, because clearly she was waiting for the right person to come along before I so rudely took away any choice she had.

"Without having sex?" I finish her sentence for her, a chuckle escaping past my lips along with the words.

"Yes, don't laugh at me!" She smiles finally looking up at me and making eye contact. Her smile is contagious and I can feel the corner of my lips turn up.

"I'm sorry." I say sheepishly as I continue to laugh a bit. Seeing her smile made my heart swell in my chest, something that never really happened to me in the past. "The only way to stop you from going into heat is to have sexual intercourse, but you can suppress the effects by performing other sexual acts that do not include intercourse, obviously."

Her cheeks turn a brighter shade of red at my words and I could feel my pants become tighter over my crotch at the thought of performing any sexual act with my mate. I am surprised that we were able to hold out this long. Usually it is very difficult for two people who share the mate bond to refrain from touching each other in that way.

I clear my throat a bit to hold back more laughter has she shifts uncomfortably in her seat and as her eyes wonder about the room refusing to meet mine.

"Very well then." She bites her lower lip nervously, making both me and my wolf a little crazy. I pick up my pen quickly and sign off on the first paper. It was an update on the children's education and list of the kids who will start training sessions in the new year to come. I have to do something with my hands, before I lose control and...

"Do you think I can have the list of those who were lost and injured in battle?" Her voice was much softer than before and she still refused to make eye contact with me.

"Sure, why?" I ask curiously. It was a decently sized list and I hope it won't make her feel any worse than she does about the situation.

"I would like to pay my respect to the families who lost a loved one and also apologize to those who got hurt." Her green eyes eventually meet with mine and I could see some of the pain that she was trying to hide.

Opening the draw to my right I sift through some of the files before pulling out the printed list of names. "You know you don't have to do this. The entire pack knows you care for them and none of them blame you." The words spill past my lips naturally, almost as if I had been planning to say that. I will admit I caught myself a bit off guard. I am not used to being nice. Nice has never even been in my vocabulary.

I scan the list quickly, a sense of pride and sadness washing over me. These people were brave enough to give their lives for their Luna, my mate. I am proud of them and the loss of their lives haunts me in my dreams at night.

Suddenly a flashback of that day dances through my mind. I remember Cipher and Samuel arguing because of what his sister had done, meanwhile a woman and her child were losing someone. Her mate and the father of her child.

"Octavia, among these names in the father of Lola the little girl you enjoy reading to in you spare time."

"Oh my-" A small gasp flees past her lips as her shaky hand covers her mouth in shock. I figured it would be best to tell her before she ends up on their doorstep ready to give her condolences.

I watch as she stands from her seat carefully and takes the paper from my hands. She swallows rather harshly and whispers, "I should be back before dinner."

And with those last words she doesn't hesitate to walk quickly towards the door, closing it behind her.

Unedited.

I apologize that these chapters are short and a bit slow, I promise they'll start to pick up soon.

Also how are you enjoying reading from Ajax's POV? I'm not sure when I will switch back to Octavia's POV...

Like & Comment.