Chapter Ten - Assuage

Aimee was led by Lord into room 48, practically tip-toing. The motel wasn't empty, so the kidnappers had to be discreet.

Very easily, she could have been left in the car, but Lord didn't want to run the risk of either being found out, or Gary pulling one of his sickening moves.

Just the thought of it made him shudder with a rage he didn't know existed.

Aimee didn't pay attention to his change in expression, though. From the corner of her peripheral, she was dangerously aware of his big hand on her right shoulder.

Gary leaned against the wall besides the entrance of the room with one of his cigarettes.

"The kid's not tied up." He pointed out.

"Lucky no one's out of their fucking rooms. Two guys and a young girl looks bad enough."

"Gotcha." Gary snapped his fingers, seeing Lord's point.

He then handed Lord the card key, which he used to stick inside the slot.

In a matter of five seconds, Lord turned the knob, and lit the place to reveal a white room with a nice set of two beds, a table and a lamp in between; a bathroom to the corner of their left, a faded closet next to it, and a wall TV in front of the two beds.

Aimee tried her best not to drool over the possibility of sleeping on not the cold car floor with her hands tied behind her back.

Lord glanced downward to her as a smile crossed his face.

Strolling inside the room, Gary let out a yawn and bounced down the double bed on the right.

"So you know, I don't want to sleep next to you." He informed Lord, who remained standing next to the girl protectively.

Aimee gulped quietly when Gary's brown eyes shined with lust in her direction.

"Babe should be here with me." He said, with dark subtlety.

Lord refrained from charging at him.

He briefly considered sleeping next to her, but decided against it, knowing full well that she needed time to collect herself and relax.

"How's about you and I do sleep in the same bed, hm?" He retorted with finality.

Gary wasn't pleased in the least, and it showed. But he recovered  almost immediately. "Don't tell me you wanna play around! Gonna respond to my advances ?" He guffawed at his own joke.

Aimee shook her head at him as she sat at the edge of the left bed.

Discreetly, Lord grabbed the card key which lay beside Gary and hid it in the breast pocket of his jacket, which he had put back on.

He couldn't afford to let Gary have it - he really was a sick fuck.

Aimee watched as he lay down, and folded his arms over his chest. Gary threw a coquettish wink at her, and proceeded to lay beside Lord.

After he did, Lord opened his eyes to find Aimee laying down across from him, her body tucked under the covers with her eyes still open, looking at the ceiling.

She turned her orbs towards his.

"Get some sleep." He mouthed.

She nodded, and closed her eyes.

Lord opened his, and decided to stay awake for as long as possible.

Already he didn't have a good feeling about Gary, and had started to suspect that he would try something.

Maybe not just with Aimee, with him as well, albeit in a different way.

He was fully prepared for whatever was in store.

* * * * *

Couple of hours into the night, Aimee fluttered her eyes open to her left and saw that Lord was in and out of sleep.

She raised her head to see that the space in which Gary was supposed to sleep in was empty.

Puzzled, she eyed the bathroom.

The light was on, and it sounded like someone was taking a piss.

She closed her eyes and let her head fall against the pillow.

* * * * *

"Wake up, Aimee. We have to go."

She moaned sleepily and looked up to see those kind blue eyes urging her to get up.

She threw the blankets aside, swung her feet over and got up.

Lord noticed that she had fallen asleep with her shoes on.

Not such a stupid girl.

"Yay, I'm ready." She sarcastically announced.

Lord couldn't help himself from ruffling her hair a bit.

Slightly perplexed by his unexpected touch, she eyed him as she touched the place that he had.

He smirked playfully at her, and again, placed his hand on her shoulder, leading her out the door.