Courting Kate: The Memory

Começar do início

He crushed his mouth to hers and kissed her with so much passion she felt it to her bones. He murmured her name as he trailed kisses from her lips to her temples, to her cheeks, to her jaw and all the way down to the sensitive part of her neck. She responded with all the feelings she could muster and let her hands roam all over his magnificent body.

Gently, he pushed her back on the bed and followed her so that they were both lying on the bed. He paused for a moment, just stared into eyes and she understood. She saw the pain he suffered after not being with her for months. She saw the fear, the helplessness and yes, the relief. The relief with the her revelation that she still loves him.

So she repeated her words, telling him how much she loves him over and over again as he made love to her.

He kissed the valley between her breast before peeling off her top and concentrating on what he bared. He touched her with his fingers lightly until she was begging for more. Only then did he use his mouth and sucked on her nipple while he trapped the other one and rolled his thumb over it.

Panting heavily, she pulled off his shirt and caressed the bulging muscles exposed to her gaze. Her hands touched every part of his body she could reach. He groaned in response but didn’t stop tormenting her with his mouth.

He kissed her belly, his tongue doing delicious things to her navel that made her toes curl. Then moved lower until he reached the tops of her lace underwear which he removed using his teeth. He touched her ankles and pushed them apart and settled himself in between her legs.

“Giancarlo…” she moaned as he kissed her most private place. Her fingers tunneled through his hair, holding him to her. He rested his arms on her thighs when she started to buck her hips and shattered completely.

After that fantastic release, he moved up until they were face to face again and told her reverently, “I love you. Ti amo, tesoro. Ti amo.” Even before he finished uttering those words, we was slipping inside her and almost immediately Kate was climaxing around him again. He moved inside her but it wasn’t before long that he was following her towards that pinnacle of release.

A week after that, they were finishing their breakfasts when Gianni stood up quickly and stomped his foot. “Do you really have to go to the office today, Daddy?” He pouted.  

Kate knew he was pretty cross since his grandparents and aunts already left for Italy the night before. Things were almost back to normal in Giancarlo’s company thanks to his dad, Alessio.

Giancarlo paused as he was about to take the last sip of his coffee and looked over to where Kate was sitting. Clearly worried, she shrugged. “You know I have to, figlio mio.”

“But I thought we can go swimming today!” Gianni stomped his foot again.

His father stood up and walked over to him. Crouching to his level, Giancarlo gathered him up in his arms. “This weekend, I promise you we can do whatever you want.”

“You promise?” Gianni looked at him solemnly.

Placing a kiss on the top of his son’s head, Giancarlo murmured, “I promise,” and earned a big smile from the little boy.

“You heard that, right, Mommy?”

“I did.” Kate replied and stood up with Erin in her arms. She walked over to her husband and son. “Have a good day at the office, caro.”

“I’ll see you later, pretty girl.” Giancarlo kissed Erin. Then he swung his gaze to Kate and pressed his mouth to hers much longer. “I’ll be home by six.”

Kate looked up at home with startled eyes. “You can finally come home to us that early?”

He chuckled at her sarcastic tone. “Cheeky.” He chucked her chin playfully. “Did you forget that we have to attend a charity ball tonight, tesoro? Didn’t I remind you about it the other night?”

“Mommy! You’re leaving me too?” Gianni threw himself at Kate and hugged her leg. “Don’t go. Stay here with me and Erin. Please, please, please, please!”

She looked at Giancarlo helplessly. “I don’t want to leave him and Erin, Giancarlo.” She said. “Maybe I should skip the ball tonight. Besides, I wouldn’t recognize any of the people attending the party anyway.”

He saw the nervousness in her eyes and agreed. “Alright. I’ll just swing by for a bit by myself. They need me to make a quick speech.”

“I’ll see you later when you get home,” she kissed him again. “I’m really sorry.”

“Don’t be, cara. It’s okay. I understand.” He smiled at her. “I’ll miss you. Bye.”

It was almost midnight when Giancarlo arrived back at their townhouse. He was removing the bow tie from his neck when he spotted the light flickering from the lamp inside the drawing room. When he reached the doorway, he saw Kate curled up on the sofa beside the lamp.

He just stood there for a moment, staring at her, his chest contracting. She’s finally back with him. Sometimes he felt like shouting with the intensity of his feelings. The months without her were hell. He didn’t know how he got through it. He didn’t know how he got through most of his life without her beside him.

When he finally realized that he loved her that first night they spent in each other’s arms, he knew that he can never let go of her. That’s why he asked her to marry him.

They were still coming down from the high that enveloped them when they reached the peak when he suddenly squeezed her tightly next him and blurted, “Marry me.”

Kate froze in his arms, he remembered. For the longest five seconds of his life she didn’t say anything. But then she broke the silence by laughing. When he pushed up and leaned back on his elbows to survey her face, he saw that she was laughing but at the same time there were tears in her eyes.

“Oh my God, Giancarlo. Yes, yes! I’ll marry you!” She wiped her tears away and launched herself at him. She pressed her mouth to his and kissed him soundly. “You can’t take it back even if this is just you getting crazy ideas because of the sex.”

“No, I’m asking you for real. I want to marry.” Giancarlo said sincerely.

She gave another tinkling laugh. “Me too! I want to marry you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, caro.”

“Good. Because I want the same things.” He grinned at her. “I love you.”

With those words, more tears flowed from her eyes until all he could do to stop them was make love to her all over again. Which he didn’t mind. Not at all.

He was broken out of his reverie when Kate suddenly woke up. Sitting up, she brushed her hands across her face and tried to blink out the sleepiness.

“Giancarlo, is that you?”

He walked over to her and kissed the top of her head. “Who else, baby?”

She snuggled to him when he gathered her up in his arms and carried her to their bedroom. “How was the party?”

“Exhausting,” he replied. “People kept on talking about stuff I couldn’t care less about. All I wanted was to come home to my family but they blocked my way to the exit and told me about so many boring stuff.”

“I’m glad I missed it then,” she murmured. Giancarlo laid her down the bed after pulling down the cover. Then he proceeded to strip until he was down to his birthday suit. Only then did he slip in beside her and gathered her to him. “I missed you.”

“I miss you too, tesoro.”

“Show me how much.”

________________________

I'm sorry for not updating sooner. I'll try to post another chapter as soon as I can. Just hang in there, my dear readers! Thank you so much for waiting and supporting me with this story! :)