[Chapter 8] Are You Serious?

Start from the beginning

"I think it's a great idea," Patrick retorted, "Let's go!"

-Anthony's POV-

Ian and I were sitting at the dining table in the Smosh house, filming a Lunchtime with Smosh (though it was nearly midnight and we just finished filming about an hour ago - let's just say it's been a long day). We did the normal stuff - recording us getting the food, the first bite, finding Twitter questions, all that stuff. Everything was going great, until, off camera, Ian said, "So, why didn't I know about Cass?"

I froze mid-way from taking a bite of my taco, "Excuse me?" I retorted.

"Why didn't you tell me about this Cass girl?"

I set down my taco and wiped my hands on my pants, "Because she's not important, Ian."

"She's important enough to nearly ruin the relationship you have with Kalel!" He exclaimed.

"It's not that, Ian, I just..." I shook my head, "I can't explain it."

"Try," He said to me in the most serious tone I think I've ever heard him talk in.

I sighed, "Ian, I-" He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back in his chair. I swallowed hard before continuing, "I love Kalel. And I would never want to do anything to hurt her. But...Cass...she...she's just...I met her at a club one night, and things just happened that probably shouldn't have happened and...I...I don't know. I don't want to lose her."

"Well what would you rather lose: Cassidy or Kalel?"

"I'm not losing either girl."

"How can be so sure of that?"

"Because it hasn't been a problem before! God!" I was getting frustrated with him.

"Who do you like more?" He inquired, picking up his soda and taking a sip of it, "Cassidy or Kalel?"

"I can't answer that question. Because I don't see the two of them in the same way."

"And what do you mean by that?"

I set my hands down on the table, "Look, Kalel's the girl I want to marry. The girl who I want to spend the rest of my life with. But Cassidy, she..." I paused, tyring to find the right words to phrase it. Problem was I didn't know how to phrase it. I shrugged my shoulders and gave him the bullshit answer of, "There's just some things I see in Cassidy that I don't see in Kalel. That's all." I sat back.

"Well who do you want to be with?" He questioned. I stared at him blankly. Truth is, I didn't know who I wanted to be with. I didn't know how exactly I felt about Cassidy just yet. I knew in my head that our relationship was strictly for sex and nothing else. But when she asked me to go to Chicago with her, I don't know...it was like I wanted to meet her family. "Well?"

"Why do I have to choose?"

"Are you serious right now?" I looked at him like he was insane. "Anthony, why are you having such a hard time choosing?"

"Why are you asking me so many questions!?!" I snapped back at him.

"Because you're being stupid!"

"I'm the stupid one?"

He stood up and slammed his hands down on the table, "Anthony, Kalel's your fiance!"

"I know, Ian, I know. But..." I rose to my feet as well, "I just don't know if feel the same way about Kalel now the day I did when I first met her."

"Well I bet that when that whore you're sleeping with gives you an STD or gets pregnant and tells you you're the father that you won't know if you love her the same way either."

I looked at him in shock, "You don't even know her! How could you say something like that?"

"I don't need to know her! She's making you think differently, Anthony. I mean, seriously, you've been with Kalel for more than three years. Then all of a sudden this...this Cass person shows up and you're second guessing your happy and content relationship with Kalel!"

"Cassidy didn't just show up! I've been seeing her for eight months!"

"Oh that just makes everything better!" Ian shouted sarcastically.

"You know what? Fuck you, Ian!" I stormed out of the house and hopped in my car. I sat in my seat for a little before pounding the steering wheel in frustration.

That's when I looked up and saw Ian rush outside. "I just hope you're making the right decision, Anthony!" He shouted to me.

I glared at him as I shoved my key into the ignition and drove away. Of all the people I thought I could trust and would be there for me, I thought Ian would be that person. But I guess I was wrong.