Memories and Pain

A/N: Well, I suck at updating everything. I’m just so lazy. But I’ll try to update more frequently since I have a better computer to use now. But, I’m obviously changing the story. cx And I’m a horrible person.

Allen’s POV

I never thought that I’d be coming back to England. Well, at least I hadn’t actually planned on it. But, here I am, the place where Mana raised me, and where he died. Twice. Where General Cross found me after the Millennium Earl. I don’t exactly have happy memories here, or at least not any that can easily out-weigh what happened.

Lavi was talking about something, I think it was some kind of history of England, but I wasn’t exactly paying attention to him. Which, he unfortunately noticed. “Are you listening to me, Allen?” I have to admit that his actions did get a little annoying from time to time, depending on what I was doing, but now he was just a really good distraction. “No, sorry I was just thinking about something.” I said, letting out a small laugh. Lavi somehow made me pretty nervous. “About what? Or are you lying because I was boring you?” Lavi asked, again, that green eye just seemed to be watching my every move, but it also made me wonder what happened to his other. “No, it’s not that. I was actually just thinking about something else.” I said, though I wasn’t about to just tell him I used to live here before Mana died. And General Cross started to ‘train’ me.

 Lavi’s POV

 Allen was still acting pretty strangely. He actually had been ever since we got onto the train. He’d barely respond to anything I said unless I said something about Yuu. Then I got a decent reaction, and a little bit of a conversation until the subject changed.

Whatever it was he was thinking about, he’d been thinking about it for a while. And I think it was bothering him, but there’s no way he’s going to tell me what he’s thinking about. He’s never really told me anything. “Okay. Well, we’d better go check in so we know where to go back to after looking for the innocence.” I said, yeah, he was definitely distracted, but at least he started to pay attention. “Alright, then let’s go.” Allen said, with a smile of course, but this one was like one he gave to Yuu.

I don’t know if I pissed him off, or that he was bothered by something. But either way, we walked to the hotel and checked in. But he didn’t seem interested in really anything that was around us.

Allen’s POV

Everything was just about the same as I remembered it from when I was with Mana. But at least we came here for an important reason. Innocence. After we checked into the hotel, we went around looking for it. We even got food at one point; though Lavi was still surprised that I could eat so much for my size. But then again, I did have a parasite type innocence in my arm.

I had expected there to be an Akuma since there was supposed to be innocence here in England, but my eye wasn’t reacting to anyone. I’m seriously starting to doubt that there’s innocence here, or if Komui was just messing with us, though I doubt it. But the fact that I was having these thoughts was just distracting me, because when my eye did activate because of an Akuma, I couldn’t react fast enough, and the next thing I felt was pain.

I’ve never actually been shot with one of their bullets from behind, but now I know. It really hurts, good thing I won’t actually die from it. The next thing I actually heard was Lavi’s voice. What was he doing..? I think he was yelling my name? Probably fighting the Akuma too. But I had to wait to even be able to move.