⌜ twenty five ⌟

Start from the beginning

i don't usually share what's mine..❞ mark gave out a fake smile ❝but you are an exception since you're my bestfriend.

the guy scoffed at what mark said ❝i don't see anything that's yours.

it's not a thing.❞ jeno is really testing mark, ❝it's someone.

are you talking about haechan?❞ jeno raised his brows, ❝i don't see your name on him.

control, calm down, mark chanted inside his head. he should be good to jeno, for the sake of donghyuck ❝you're right.

mark placed the envelope he's been bringing around down the table, not getting jeno's attention. the guy wasn't curious about the envelope, why would he?

he's yours.❞ as much as he didn't want to say that, it's true and the explanation for that was inside the envelope he placed on the table.

jeno furrowed his brows as he opened the envelope, getting the paper out and reading it silently. his eyes widened when he was getting to the point where he never knew it could happen.

you never cared about your parents' job, spoiled kid.❞ mark clicked his tongue.

jeno gulped after he finished reading and licked his lower lip nervously when he saw someone's name below with a signature ❝this is..

you never question on what they do for a living.

jeno looked up to mark who was obviously mad. he looked like he was ready to punch jeno, his fists already clenched ❝don't they work at laboratories—

they—❞ mark cleared his throat as he realized that they were at a crowed place and even though he's mad at jeno right now (even though it's not the guy's fault) he is sti his bestfriend and he didn't want the guy's reputation to be ruined ❝they use human being as lab rats, lee jeno.

jeno went back to the paper and read the contract again, finding another name that also has the same surname as lee. ❝and who is this?

that's haechan— i won't hide it from you anymore.❞ he's going to expose donghyuck one way or another anyways. plus, you can trust jeno and they need jeno more than ever ❝donghyuck's father.

that still doesn't explain why mark is mad at him. it's not jeno's fault, it's actually donghyuck's father. why would he sell his own son?

his father got crazy after the wife died,❞ mark sighed ❝that's why things happened..

but how come he did not know about donghyuck being sold to his father as a lab rat? that's right, he never cared. he never questioned about their jobs, how their day went, and others. as long as his parents give him what he wants then he won't question anything about them. he now wondered where the money came from.

mark noticed the long silence and sighed. he explained everything to jeno not leaving anything out. from donghyuck reason why he is hiding to donghyuck's name change. jeno's jaw dropped ever since mark started to explain. everything was getting confusing and right now he regretted meeting mark, not donghyuck even though the younger was the reason why everything is so confusing.

so you're telling me that you made up the name haechan because of your dog?❞ mark nodded at jeno's question. jeno wanted to laugh he doesn't think that it was the right time to laugh, donghyuck is in danger here. he needs to do something.

let's not talk about that.

jeno tilted his head to the side ❝why are you doing this much to donghyuck?❞ last time he remembered, donghyuck stole his wallet. he's a thief, so why would mark help a thief?

he has done so much for the younger. letting him stay inside his house, giving him his needs and wants, even going far as letting him go to school. this was too much to be considered as being generous. mark could've just gave donghyuck enough money to start a life and just left him, letting him be. but no, he had to put donghyuck inside his life.

jeno—

you like him, do you?❞ jeno cuts mark's sentence ❝scratch that, you love him.❞ because the things he did is more than helping the person you like.

not the time to think about his feelings for the younger, ❝jeno, all i want is your help.

the guy wasn't going to let mark dodge the question, but seems like it's not the right time to ask him that ❝what can i do?

i want you to talk to your dad, tell him what he wants.❞ mark gave jeno a look ❝anything but not donghyuck.

if it's money then mark could just give it easily, which is a nice thing. but would jeno like that? he also has feelings for the younger and after just finding out that donghyuck is actually their property, specifically his father's, made him a little bit happy. because part of donghyuck is his, mark doesn't own everything about donghyuck. he may own his heart but he doesn't completely own the younger.

so will jeno help mark?

🏵

the man ran a hand through his hair after ending the call ❝it seems like we aren't the only ones wanting donghyuck.

a guy raised his head after hearing his 'boss' speak ❝what?

the man had an evil smirk plastered on his face ❝donghyuck sure is expensive.

t b c