Old Flame

"I can't believe you suspended me." Charity gritted her teeth as she spoke on the phone. She needed her anger to be heard but not her voice. She was in enough trouble as it was and couldn't risk getting in it any deeper.

"Well, Charity I can't believe you took your clothes off and had other students doing that shit too. This is my school and you are my girlfriend. What the hell was going through your head?" Toni took a few deep breaths. He was pacing around his condo with his hands out as if he was about to choke the air. "But it's stupid of me to be surprised. You are a just another dumb high school student. Your friend is missing and this is what you do."

"She's not my friend!" Charity realized how awful and guilty she sounded by saying that. She buried her face into her pillow because she didn't want to see her own reflection in the vanity mirror near her bed. Instead, she needed to flip the script to distract from her guilty outburst. "How are you more concerned about her than you are about me, Toni? You're a terrible boyfriend for that."

"You're a terrible human being for everything. An innocent girl who use to be your good friend is missing and all you get reckless. You're awful. I just can't deal with you right now."

"Screw Janelle and screw you too Toni." She was beyond hurt. Toni had always made her feel like she was his equal even though she knew better. "We are done! I hate you and I regret that I ever wasted my time on you. I bet you're the one that hurt her anyways. Perv!"

The air stood still from him. His now ex-girlfriend took it too far. "You think you regret having dated me now Charity? Accuse me of something again and see how much you'll regret that." Toni hung up the phone and gripped it harder and harder as he wanted to feel it crumble and shatter in his hands the way his heart just had in Charity's hands.

He never had the perfect time to speak to her about what she freaked out about the night at Joey's party. How much did she know? What would she tell?

A knock at the door stopped him from pondering on what to do about Charity. "Who is it?" He shouted as he quickly checked himself in the mirror.

He opened the door and he swiftly felt the troubles he had just moments prior get blown away by the site of her. "Bronte, hey come on in." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sup ya'll! I really hope you are enjoying my story so far. Please vote and comment with what you liked and what you think will happen next? BTW who do you think Bronte is? What role will she play?