Chapter 14 - Unity

Start from the beginning

It was then the ceremony was about to start, I could still feel Seth's nervousness and excitement. I was excited too, I haven't seen my Amelia since yesterday.

The flower girls walked down the aisle throwing confetti and petals on the ground followed by the page boy who was holding the rings. Then Cheryl came, her arm was linked with her father's as they walked down the aisle.

Cheryl and the bridesmaids looked beautiful but it was nothing compared to how Amelia was looking. I felt my mouth go dry as I stared at her, she was radiating with beauty and perfection as she lead the bridesmaids down the aisle.

And damn, she was right. She was wearing a red silk dress which showed off all her curves yet managed to keep the rest to imagination. The urge to grab her and leave was becoming bigger as she came closer.

It must've been pretty obvious that I was checking her out because Seth nudged me, he wasn't one to talk, has he seen the way he's looking at Cheryl?

I saw Amelia smirk at me as Cheryl gave her the bouquet and stood to the side. Cheryl's father gave Cheryl's hand to Seth and the ceremony begun.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness this man and this woman in matrimony," The priest started, "To anyone who objects, speak now or forever hold your peace."

Everyone remained silent, I could feel Seth sigh in relief when the priest continued. I kept my eyes soley on Amelia, who was looking back at me but was still sending glances at the couple.

"Do you Seth Clearwater Swan take Cheryl Elaine Fialy to be your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold from this day forward for better or worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish from this day forward until death do you part?"

Seth, without any hesitation replied to the Priest, "I do," whilst looking at the girl who he was only moments anyway from being united with. I finally looked at the couple, in time for Cheryl's vows.

"Do you Cheryl Elaine Fialy take Seth Clearwater Swan to be your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold from this day forward for better or worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish from this day forward until death do you part?"

Cheryl hesitated, but in a good way, the euphoria she must be feeling must've made her speechless but after a second or two said, "I do."

"May I have the rings?" The minister asked smiling, the page boy shyly walked closer to the happy couple and gave the rings.

They took turns to put each others rings on each other, smiling goofily at one another without a care in the world. I smiled and then looked at Amelia who seemed to be doing the same thing.

Yeah, I definitely can't wait until I marry Amelia. I looked back at the couple making me look like I was paying attention when my mind was else where.

"You may now kiss the bride," The Priest concluded and took a step back. Seth cupped Cheryl's face and kissed her, I averted my gaze from the couple once again and looked at Amelia, who was beaming, her beautiful green eyes shining as she looked at me and inconspicuously blew a kiss my way.

After a minute or so and a few people clearing their throat the newly wed couple finally broke apart, still beaming. Seth linked her arm and then walked her down the aisle followed by the parents. I linked Amelia's arm through mine and walked her down the aisle.

"I love your dress."

"I love your shirt."

"I love your smile."