Chapter 1

When I had decided to become a nurse I didn't think it would include this. I had dealt with the more unfortunate, at least 20 deceased children every year and twice that for adults. God, it was awful and this was just the cases I was assigned to. I'm a psychopath, that's saying something. This time it was a youthful female, early twenties, cancer. I had watched her and took care of her. Her name was Kara. A delightful, young, blonde thing, the most dazzling blue eyes, and a sparkling personality. I gave a nod towards the main coroner, Molly, I think it was and she smiled encouragingly back. In the lab, I heard a new voice, rumbling and baritone. 'Maybe after I'm done I could introduce myself ' I thought, but I probably wouldn't feel up to it. Filling the paperwork out took longer than expected so my shift was over when I finished.

 "Could you please pass me the green one? I can't be bothered to move" called the baritone voice as I passed the lab once again. "Me?" I called back.

"Who else?!" He yelled impatiently. I grumbled while entering, handed him the green filled beaker and was about to leave when he grabbed my hand, causing me to blush extensively.

"What are you doing?" I sputtered.

"Age: 27, moved here from Canada a year or two ago because of family. Poor past with parents and whatnot, wouldn't hesitate to kill someone. A medium-small sized dog, probably a corgi going by the hair. Diminutive, scrappy flat and looking for a new one, hmm. No boyfriend because the last one ended horribly and dating is difficult, though I'm unsure why. Anything else, Celine?" He smirked. I wanted to snicker, I knew what his trick was. I smiled back,

"Hello. Sherlock, right? Looking for a flat and a flatmate. 30 years or so, lived here all your life with your mum, dad, and older brother. You two don't get along at all. Has been uh, addicted to, um certain things. Plays violin, well apparently, is that all, William?" I taunted. He laughed,

"I'm surprised, please explain how you got there" I sighed, knowing it wouldn't be enough.

"Fine. Your body language says you've not been in a comfortable bed for a while and the fact you've been here all day, your clothes are creased, says you're trying to think of an attack plan, meaning you can't pay for a place yourself. The face gives enough as well as the body for signs of age. The family thing came from your phone which was on when I first got here. Contacts only being your mum's name, your dad's name and a Mycroft, oh and a Lestrade, Seems like you only have family and a work 'friend'. Since I know Greg Lestrade, that leaves Mycroft, being a strange name, as is Sherlock, he had also written your actual name. Any who, the addiction part is obvious and violin, being you like a challenge and your fingers" I concluded sheepishly. He smiled tenderly for a moment and then turned back to his work. I noticed something incorrectly and before he could blow up the lab I grabbed his hand. He looked up at our hands then to me and for what felt like an eternity it was quiet.

"Wrong one, you want this one," I said changing it out.

"You look nice with that blush" he complimented. That was odd he usually would have been a jerk, I knew him 10 minutes and even I sensed it.

"But I'm not wearing any blush?" I asked more than explained. This made him smile, making me realize I was red-faced from the hand touching. I backed away going to leave when a pudgy man bounced in with a small tan fellow beside him. "Hello, Sherlock!" Cried the bigger man excitedly. He had glasses on that made his eyes seem ten times larger than they already were.

"And who's this lovely lady?" He chuckled.

"Celine Nera Elon, a pleasure to meet you, gentlemen. And I am sorry about your leg, er well, shoulder, sir" I greeted the more petite one, taking them both by surprise.

"How'd you know?" The stout man looked bewildered. I only smiled gently in return. Sherlock may be unfriendly, but not all people with deduction skills were. "Sorry, it slipped out" I smiled shyly. "You're looking for a flatmate then?" Sherlock inquired.

"Told ya!" Giggled the large man. Well, this was going fabulously.

"I've found a good place, but if you are to live with me I have habits you should know about" his face went sort of grim so I decided to speak for him. "He plays the violin and smokes when he needs to think, he might not talk or even be heard from in a week or so..." all men gave me a look of shock. "Are you his girlfriend?" The round man wondered. "Oh, heavens, no. I'm sure he would tire of me easily" I smirked. "I'm not so sure" Sherlock mumbled, semi-defensively. "Anyway, the address is 221B Baker Street and the names' Sherlock Holmes," he said swooping out the door with me in tow.

"Ow! Loosen your grip a tad, that hurts" I glared at him.

"Why is your last name African?" He blurted.

"Wow! Haven't figured it out? My birth mother was third-generation African, I never met her though" I snorted at his slowness.

"Did you know your first name means moon in Greek, your second means light in Hebrew and your last means love in African. So your full name says moonlight love, which is nice I guess because it means you have fallen in love by moonlight" he rambled.

"Slow down! And yes, I did know and I love my name. Yours means something like, a Gaelic, resolute protector of an islet" I chuckled, having a fit which made him laugh too. After our moment ended we hailed a cab and headed off to gather his things. I don't know when or why I got roped up into this, but I was glad to be with someone un-ordinary.

"So, Celine, you could rent out 221C" Sherlock suggested. "Well, William, can I call you William? I could, but I don't think I could afford it" I explained. "Yes, you and only you may call me that. I'm sure I could get you a deal, I do know the landlady" he smirked. I smiled at him and his cheeks dusted with a hint of rose making him turn away, which made me frown. "Why would you want me as a neighbor? Why would you want me around?" I queried.

"You're like me and I enjoy the company of someone competent" he replied as we flounced up the cracked walk towards 221. I immediately saw this John character,

"Army Doctor, shot in the shoulder, P.T.S.D, leg injury is in his head, brother is a drunk and they don't get along, hmm" I sighed. William smiled at me momentarily, that name didn't suit him much.

"So how often do you play?" He asked.

"It's kind of hard to lug around a cello, so not often" I laughed.

"Maybe we could play together sometime?" He offered.

"Perhaps, but for now let's get you settled in" the thought of playing our instruments together made my knees week. Goddammit, why does it have to be him? Why can't I fall for someone I have a chance with? These thoughts kept racing around as we reached the door.

"Hello! Fancy meeting you here" I said sarcastically.