04

"Jungwoo, wake up!"

Taeyong shouted in his ear. Jungwoo sat up and hit him hard on the thigh, but he deserved it. He tilted his head, as if to ask for his reasoning.

"You need to take your meds again."

Renjun entered the room with two pills and a glass of water, which he gave to a Jungwoo.

Jungwoo swiftly took his pills and gulped down some water.

When he was finished, he set the glass down and looked over to Taeyong. "Jaemin...?"

"In the bathroom."

He nodded.

A bit curious about what the others had been watching on his TV, he brought it to his attention. It seemed to be a car chase, which he was ultimately uninterested in. As he was turning away, he suddenly heard a gunshot.

Jungwoo froze.

Memories came flooding back. He was back at Lucas' parents' house, still an assassin. He remembered the awful, thick smell of blood and the guilt he lived with ever since that day. He heard fumbling for the TV remote and scolds from both his friends towards each other.

His eyes that were once filled with tears had finally spilled, leaving Renjun and Taeyong concerned. Both rushed to him, patting him on the back and asking if he was alright.

Jungwoo shook his head. "No, no, no, no, no...I'm not okay..." he mumbled.

Renjun and Taeyong exchanged glances, and Taeyong brought Jungwoo to his room.

"Jungwoo...do you finally want to talk about this?"

"Yes, yes I really do. I can't stand it anymore!" He yelled.

Taeyong patted his back. "Hey, calm down, it's alright. Go ahead, I'm listening."

"You won't believe me."

"Yes I will."

Jungwoo sighed and let his tears flow even more.

And so, he explained everything. Taeyong was reluctant to accept it at first, but he soon learned that Jungwoo truly wasn't lying.

"So then there's still a chance he'll come back?"

"No! There isn't! He hates me! And he was my everything...Taeyong, I don't know what to do..."

It was the first time Jungwoo had said more than three full sentences since the incident.

Taeyong sighed. It seemed as though he was contemplating something. In that time, Jungwoo collected himself and returned to what's been referred to as "normal."

"Listen...I know something but...I really don't think I should tell you yet."

Jungwoo's tears refused to stop, even after 10 minutes. He made it obvious that he wanted to know what Taeyong did.

"Jungwoo...I just...I-I really can't."

Although he didn't show it, he was deeply hurt. Taeyong should know that Jungwoo would want to know anything regarding Lucas. The real question was:

What was he hiding?

He might as well just find out on his own.

They walked out of his room, only to find Renjun sitting back in a chair and Jaemin scanning some shelves. When Taeyong had sat down, Jaemin turned around, an object in hand. It was a picture frame, and it took Jungwoo a moment to realize which one it was.