2. Guns and Royces.

Words: 1304

14 hours and 35 minutes earlier 

"You know, I truly love Jurassic World." 

"I swear to God if you mention dinosaurs one more time, I will give up our location to the Triads." 

The threat felt empty given the fact of where they were hiding and LC couldn't help but scoff in response. "By all means, should I retract your sunshades?" She glanced over to find her one and only companion, Lu, staring back at her from the passenger's seat with an unimpressed look across his face. "Thought so," LC mumbled under her breath with a subtle smirk as she turned back to look up at the starlight headliner. 

Lu sighed and returned his attention back to the front, scanning the perimeter for the hundredth time with the three hundred and sixty degrees top-bottom camera system. He tapped her shoulder. "You chose the right car to hide in." 

LC grinned. "I know." 

The camera displayed no threat approaching the vicinity at the moment. They had encountered henchmen come and examine the cargo space briefly before wandering elsewhere. None of them considered searching the cars and Lu was grateful for their stupidity. 

"Soon, we'll arrive in New York," he declared. 

LC didn't have the slightest idea of how to feel about that particular statement. "Have you ever been there?" She asked softly, keeping her volume to a minimal while Lu replied back in sign language. 

"No, you?"

From Lu's perspective, silence consumed the car while he waited patiently for his partner's answer. From LC's perspective, silence didn't exist. 

Lu glanced over his shoulder, observing the teenager out of curiosity. He often wondered what went on in her head as she was a difficult person to read, especially since she wore her face masks almost always. Today, she settled for a simple black mask with a white voluminous mustache painted over it, concealing her expression. 

Except for her brown eyes which showcased a storm brewing. Lu just needed to decipher what kind of category it was. "I don't know," she whispered truthfully. 

All the knowledge in the world of sign language couldn't prepare Lu on what to sign next. 

Thankfully, he was saved by the bell, following by a simple command: "Prepare for landing." 

"Finally!" Lu cheered silently, forgetting about his partner's predicament. "I can't wait to stretch my legs," Lu explained as he got ready to step out. Sitting for almost fifteen hours had probably given Lu a DVT or two. 

"Where are you going?" LC asked as she maneuvered her way to the driver's seat, crawling over the armrests in the center. 

Lu was confused. "What do you mean?"

"We're where we need to be," LC answered calmly. Lu stared, speechless, while LC put on her seatbelt and re-adjusted the rear-view mirror to her liking. With a push of the button, she retracted the black curtains shielding the rear windows, lighting up the interior. 

Lu didn't like what he was seeing but, LC's attention was away from his hands and so, he couldn't sign to her his concerns. That didn't stop him from speaking out loud though. "What did I sign myself up for?"

LC didn't answer. She pulled out her phone and with the simple push of a button, an explosion erupted outside of their hiding spot. 

Lu jumped up in his seat. "What the fūck!" There was no point in staying quiet anymore as the explosion had already alerted the enemy. Thankfully, the blast was focused onto a small corner of the cargo space. Upon closer examination, Lu quickly realized that LC blew up the control panel to the cargo door.

To Lu's horror, he watched as the rear cargo door lowered, revealing the blue sky. 

Lu had his seatbelt on in record time. 

LC turned on the ignition even faster, but she couldn't hear the car. She could only hear the gunshots raining outside. The camera showed five henchmen aiming their semi-automatics in LC and Lu's general direction. She frowned and looked over at Lu. "Is the car on?"

All Lu could do was nod his head while his eyes were glued to the door that was close to being fully opened. He could care less about the guns. They didn't pose the kind of threat that the open door did. 

"This car sucks," LC sneered and stepped on the gas, the engine roaring in response. "Much better." But Lu didn't hear LC last comment because he was too busy screaming. 

Nearby, hundreds of flyers at the JFK international airport observed a massive cargo aircraft land. Smoke rolled off the tires as the plane touched down and out from the smoke, emerged a Phantom. She soared through the air briefly before landing on all fours and speeding down the runway, in the opposite direction of the aircraft. 

All possible mobile devices were held in the air as everyone attempted to film the luxurious beast race past several planes during taxi. 

The gunshots had ceased but LC knew that their problems were far from over. 

"Really, LC?!" Lu yelled. He was relieved that they were still alive but, at the same time, outraged by the stunt LC just pulled. "Why didn't you inform me of this part of the plan?!" 

"Because you would've never gotten into the car if I did." LC deadpanned while she pushed the car past 80 mph, swerving by innocent baggage handlers and ground crews. Without breaking a sweat, she tossed him her phone. "I need you to tell me where to go." 

Lu didn't question the girl because this was part of the plan he was aware of. "The gate will be up ahead and then take a right!" He continued to yell, providing LC with the instructions on how to make one's presence known in New York.  

The news was across all police radios, describing a black Rolls Royce Phantom racing through the streets of New York, creating massive traffic blocks and fender benders. No reports of casualties. All available units across various precincts attempted to chase down the luxurious vehicle but to no avail. The driver of the Phantom was skilled, expertly outmanoeuvring cops, many of whom had driven these streets long before the Phantom driver was even born.  

LC drove the Phantom with the biggest smile on her face which was conveniently hidden from Lu thanks to her mask. 

"Take the next left and our destination will be on your right!" 

LC obeyed, taking a sharp turn onto Lafayette Street and effortlessly controlling the Phantom. Pedestrians jumped out of the way while sirens continued to be heard from behind in the far off distance. LC pushed the car into a stop by completing half a donut right in front of the DHS building. 

For a brief moment, nobody in the vicinity moved. Pedestrians stared wide-eyed at the car, frozen to the spot. LC and Lu took this valuable time to gather their belongings and graciously step out of the half a million car. 

Then, like a moth to a flame, security ran out of the concrete building, surrounding the Phantom.  A few minutes later, people in fancy suits came out of the building. 

"Homeland Security! Hands behind your head!" One agent with curly dark, shoulder-length hair yelled, pointing her handgun at LC. 

LC did as told. "I have incriminating evidence against the Triads of New York!"  

The Homeland agents and security guards were skeptical. They kept their guns aimed at LC and Lu.  

"Don't shoot!" Lu yelled, trying his best to sound the least hostile. "I am Detective Min from China's People of Armed Police! She is a key witness!" 

The majority of heads turned to LC just as the blaring sounds of sirens clouded her. NYPD had finally caught up but they were too slow to hear LC's introduction. 

"My name is Lisa Castle."