Hats

i've always thought hats were funny. like, what the point of them? i never understood them. but raindrop wears them all the time. i mean, they are beanies. but they look good on her. i found a hat on the sidewalk this morning walking to school, and i picked it up. i thin it might have been a fedora. it was brown, and looked expensive. my  school, however, was cheap. my family was basically the only family that had money problems though. we lived in a crappy house, i have a crappy bed, a expensive 'car', which is actually a motorcycle. but we call it a car. my mother bought it, but is now regretting it. so now its crappy. its in the crappy garage, rotting away like it wasn't even there. i walked into school with the fedora on my head, and like usual, nobody noticed me. i walked to my poorly painted blue locker, and scrolled the combination into my lock. 14, 23, 9. i opened it, and stuffed my crappy backpack inside. i heard a quick slam next to me, so i looked over, and raindrop was leaning on the locker next to mine. i admit, she was pretty. her short blond hair coming out of her black beanie, her piercing blue eyes, her black sweatpants, and denim jacket hanging over her body. whenever she smiles, she can pin you to the back of a wall. maybe it seems that i have a crush on her. and i might. but i would never admit it. she pulled the fedora off of my head and examined it for a few seconds before she asked; "where did you get this?" 

"i found it." i answered back.

"okay." she chuckled, putting the fedora back on my head, and pulling the front of it over my eyes. i smiled as she walked away. i grabbed a few books out of my locker and slammed it closed. it continued down the hallway and into my homeroom classroom, where raindrop, was arguing with the girl with the afro again, oh- and did i mention i have no idea what raindrops name is? i thought it was lucy, but made it very clear it wasn't. she turned to me after she finished arguing with jennifer. she looked at me and made a peace sign with her fingers. "see you at lunch gumdrop?" she asked. i nodded. "awesome. oh! and that had looks bad on you don't wear it." i laughed and punched her lightly in the arm. she laughed along with me. but when i got up, i went to my locker and put the fedora back into my backpack. and headed off to my next class.