“What's going on?” Varian asked.

The twins glance at each other and shrug like it wasn't a big deal, “The Captain gets a bit sadistic when hot shots try to play with her. That's all we can say.”

“Let me through.” Varian frowns.

The twins look at each other and shrug before moving to the side, “Alright. You were warned.”

Varian walks back up to the upper deck and stops when he notices the ship is in the air again. There's a loud thump and loud gasping.

Varian sees Andrew had been tossed to the floor and he's holding his neck in pain, coughing like he's taking oxygen in a greedy manner.

You stand over Andrew and grab him by the shirt, his face very close to yours. You smirk, “How do you like your new neckline, Honey?” Your eyes narrow in warning. “You better pray you never have to see my face again, Mate.” You spat and your pirate accent coming out. “Off. My. Ship. Ya Coward.” You shove Andrew down and leave to your quarters.

“There's a line waiting.” Andy gestures to the rope going overboard which Andrew quickly takes and slides down.

They were far from the ground, so it didn't take long for Andrew to disappear in the forest. Munch hums in satisfaction, though hums sadly in your direction.

Bunny pats his hand and smiles sweetly, “It's okay, Munch. She just has to cool down and she’ll be okay.”

They walk away and leave Varian with Demetri and Andy. He wanted to ask them what they did, but he was nervous to ask, but Andy and Demetri knew that look.

“We're still pirates, Kid, so don't worry about what went on. There are worse humans out there than us.” Andy says and walks off to the dining room.

Demetri just leaves without saying anything.

Varian had no idea what to do now and he didn't want to around anyone either. Not after what happened just now and the ship was in the air, so there was one option. Clean the room you gave him.

“Well, let's go clean our room Rudiger.”

Rudiger pops out from a barrel with an apple in his mouth, most likely he didn't know what went on.

The collar of Varian's grey shirt was over his mouth and nose as the broom swept the dust everywhere. Rudiger helped by dusting down old spiderwebs with his tail and sneezes. Varian laughs lightly, “You're getting a bath later.”

This continued on until Varian got out the bucket and mop. Rudiger got a rag to wipe the walls and shelves.

Something glimmered in a crack of the floorboards, catching Varian's attention before he started moping.

He took off his gloves and pried the thing out with his fingers. A black string follows the small plain pendant.

Varian runs his thumbs over the smooth surface of what looks to be a locket and the small bit of rust around the edges. He wondered how long that had been stuck there. It took a tug to get the locket open.

The picture almost made Varian laugh.

Stick people. It was most likely drawn by a small child.

‘Me and Mommy’.

He closed it and knew who this belonged to, just by the picture.

On the forecastle deck, no one was around that area except for you. A table sat near the rails and you sat in a chair, gazing out at the horizon. An empty bottle lazily spun as you flicked the cork at it, but the cork just rolled off the edge to it's doom down below.

You softly hit your forehead on the table.

The chair beside yours moves when someone plops down in it.

“What do you want, Raccoon Boy?”

Varian doesn't say anything.

Something cold is placed in your palm and you clench it tightly. You thought you lost it. Fixing yourself to sit up more, you move the locket to roll between your fingertips.

“I found that in the room when I was cleaning it.” Varian says and watches you closely.

You open it and snort, “Sweet Heavens, I wonder who that could be.” You joke and your eyes follow each line drawn of the two stick people.

A woman with brown dot eyes, long white hair, and half red face. Her stick arm was wrapped around a little girl. Her eyes and hair color were the same as yours.

Varian sees you're staring into space and your frown made him realize you're thinking too much. He had no idea why, but there he was doing something without thinking.

“You know. The heads are inhumanly big and the human bodies aren't made of sticks.”

You blink and choke back a laugh, rolling your eyes. “Oh hardy har har.” You punch his arm, right where the wound was again.

Varian bit his tongue, but he had to enjoy the moment where your cheeks were pink yet again in embarrassment.

“Yeah…..” Varian drags out his answer then gets up. “That's all, so….I just going to…..you know.” He strolls over to the stairs, pointing to his room. “Clean.”

Suddenly, Varian lost his footing and tumbled down the stairs. You rush over and look down at him as he groans, sitting up.

Varian feels his face and ears heat up in embarrassment when he sees your confused face from the top of the stairs. He gets up and quickly walks away.

You raise a brow at his behavior.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

“Weirdo.”