Help

The sky casted a gloomy glow over the town, clouds smother the sky and rain pelts down onto anything in its path. Leaves converse with the path and grass. The puddles make endless fun for the little kids, even teenagers can't resist the joy of jumping in the brown muddy puddles.

My body moves effortlessly across the road and into the car park. I dodge all the students and cars as I make my way up the stairs towards Xavier, Dylan and Trevor.

"What's up?" Xavier says, his voice cheery for once, not that moody. However I look over to see that Trevor still has the scowl on his face whenever she looks at someone or even hears my voice.

"I'm in the mood for pancakes. With syrup and sugar and chocolate spread and lemon juice." my mouth waters as I list the food.

"Oreos! There has to be Oreos." Dylan beams with joy at the sound of Oreos.

The ringing of the bell dismisses the hall and people lazily walk to there classes, not wanting to get there.

***

These past few months have been troubling. More has been uncovered in these past few months than in my life at all. What still confuses me is the people I've been seeing. Why now? Why phone me up and tell me my parents are still alive, I have a brother and that my whole life was basically a lie.

None of it makes sense to me.

All it was was a phone call Why's it affecting me so much?

My past is coming back, worse than ever. I'm still here.

It could be real, all of this could be true. My thoughts die out with the rest of my body as the darkness hugs me.

***

My eyes spring open from the images my mind once remembers. Beads of sweat slipped down my forehead, following the curves of my face down my cheeks, down my chin, and drip of my my face, leaving... like every other person in my life.

My breathing soon calms down and returns to a normal pace. Sluggishly leaving my bed, I waddle towards the bathroom careful not to topple and fall in my unsteady state.

***

A few hours later and I'm ready to go to the gym, missing school and going to workout.

Confidently strolling into the building, my body appreciating the fresh air I walked through.

Skipping towards the middle of the room, where the punching bag is, my eyes stay trained onto the target- the punching bag.

My knuckles fly endlessly through the air and onto the bag, moving it millimetres, centimetres, inches. More sweat collects on my face and body. My breathe short and staggered. My blue eyes stay on the bag, ignoring my surroundings, punch after punch after punch.

A clap breaks through my trance making me suddenly stop what I'm doing.

Spinning around on my left foot I come face to face with a bulky man: built like a tree trunk, his arms muscular, a dorito shape you can say.

A perfectly shaped brown eyebrow rises on my face at the act he's doing.

"Good punch you have there missy." He compliments, his hands stopping the clapping. My eyes look around, seeing the room watching intently the conversation we're having.

"Thanks." I say skeptical, my eyes wandering around to everyone.

"How'd you learn to punch so well."

"A gym?" It leaves my mouth more of a question than an answer. A deep chuckle leaves his mouth, a little sinister like, a little normal.

"Funny one you are. I want to test you." Everyone's eyes widen as he said the words. More of a demand than anything.

"With who..?"

"My best fighter in this gym." Smiling, he calls the name Matthew over. Out pops a boy my age, beefy as hell and his face was cute. If it wasn't for his body I'd of thought he was as s0ft as a teddy bear.

"This seems fair." Mumbling my words, before walking over the ring where most people are gathered.

One thing I am worried about is the muscle on this guy. Muscle layered on his arms, chest, legs like the hulk, however I'm not the most muscular girl, I have stamina and can handle my pain.

"Do you want to take your hoodie off?" Matthew asks, his eyes hinted with confusion.

"I'm fine." I reply, my tone flat.

For the first time in a while, I step up into the ring, my mind savouring every minute of it. The way the crowd gets so entranced, mind blown. It's beautiful.

Without a warning a punch gets thrown, hitting directly on my chin, immediately making me groan out in pain, as I moved my jaw about making sure I can still use it. My legs still firm on the ground,shaking my head from side to side before bouncing on the balls of my feet: ready.

We circle for a few minutes, a little moment later he moves forwards, fast than I am expecting and swipes my legs from underneath me, straddles me, his hands flying endlessly towards my face. My gloves shielding my face as I think of ways to escape his metal grip. If there's one thing I'm okay at, it's escaping grips.

Using every inch of energy and strength I have left, I lift my legs, my hips and roll into a backwards roll, leaving us detached and free. Rapidly jumping to my feet my knock his feet from under him, my left fist flying to his face as he falls. My fists carry on releasing blood from his skin until I hear his hand slam down on the floor of the ring.

Under the roof of the gym, my chest moves up and down ferociously letting air into my lungs. I lend him my hand to which he links with his own and lets me pull him up.

"Good fight." He says, shocked, wiping the blood dripping down his face. The crowd look as horrified. Their eyes locked onto me, like a prey and predator.

Footsteps crawling up behind me make me turn around to see the 'tree trunk' guy.

"That was some fight. I thought you were done for when he had you locked in place." His words reach my ears as I start to walk away uninterested in what he has to say anymore.

***

My body gently relaxes into the bathwater, the candles flickering around and the only noise is the water moving gently around.

Song: Alec Benjamin- Pretending