[ 21 ]

T H E W O L F ' S L A M B

C H A P T E R
T W E N T Y - O N E

-

M Y F I N G E R ' S
C U R L E D around Felix's obsidian curls. He lay his head against me, his arm locked around me petite frame. Weeks had passed by and I'd never been happier. Of course, apart of me was saddened by the absence of two important men in my life.

But, till they saw differently, I'd keep them out of my mind as well as my life. I'd met with my mother occasionally and she'd voice how happy she was for me. If only they could have the same mindset as my loving mother.

Spread across the leather couch in my apartment, Felix closed his eyes, holding me underneath him with soft hands that brushed against my sides every so often. I loved the insatiable man a great deal. It was then that the doorbell rung, the persistent sound ringing throughout the apartment.

Felix looked up at me, pinning me down with his eyes, begging for me to leave it be and stay by him. Laughing at him, I kissed his lips and rose from the couch, padding towards the door. I pulled it open.

Shocked to see my family standing before me. I looked down and felt anger mixed with sadness brew within. I shifted my gaze to my mother who smiled encouraging and I rose a brow.

Licking my lips, I took this a good sign and allowed them to enter. They immediately entered the living room and on meeting Felix's stony gaze, I expected to hear a string of barks from both sides. But, what I hadn't expected was for my father's cool eyes to meet with Felix's, then nod to greet him. My brother was a little less friendly and chose to briefly stare at him and take a seat next to my father and mother.

I gulped in the fresh air and settled next to Felix, his hand held my own and he squeezed, encouraging me to stay strong. I looked up at him, smiling, telling him I'd be okay.

Facing my brother, I cleared my throat. Beckoning him to speak with a small look. "We've come to apologise." I refrained from grinning, but my heart soared at the sound of his words. "We were wrong." My brother peered at Felix, still wary. "You were right, we shouldn't have continued to order you around and treat you like a child when you clearly are not." Smiling, my brother leaned back. "You truly are a Knight." It was then that I cracked a grin, smiling at the amused sentence.

I stood up, hugging my brother who complied instantly, pushing himself up to his looming height. "Forgive me?" My brother asked as he hugged me. I nodded and cried out. "Of course, Colt." He grinned widely, holding me at a shoulder length distance. His brown eyes flashed with adoration as he winked.

I smacked his shoulder watching as he helped my mother up and moved towards the door. I watched them go, then looked towards Felix with an excitable grin. Staring back at me with pure eyes, he smiled too.

My father got up and moved towards the hall. I followed, curious to know why he hadn't spoke. Then, as we reached the front door, away from all ears, he turned. His forehead creased as he looked down and stuffed his hands into his trouser pockets.

Even at the much older age he was, Cyrus Knight still dressed as sharp as he did in his younger days. "You have to understand anything I've ever done is because I've only wanted to protect you." My brows creased as I stared at him. "But I realise now that I went overboard with it all." Staring down at his polished shoes, my father sighed.

"I was so angry because I truly believed he was using you. But-the look in his eyes. I've only seen that very look once." Matching his eyes, I listened.

"The first time I saw your mother; it was the same look I had in my own eyes." My father smiled, as if he was reliving the moment his life changed. "As long as he has that look in his eyes, I know he'll never stop loving you and I know the moment you have that look in your eyes, it'll never disappear." My father stepped towards me, kissing my forehead as he grinned down at me.

Watching him go, I smiled at his descending figure. Then, I returned back into the living room, feeling sheer happiness sweep throughout me.

My feet met with the soft carpet below, my toes curled at the warmth, as I entered the doorway to the living room, I met eyes with Felix. He was sitting upright on the sofa and like a king on a thrown, he beckoned me to come to him. Eyes filled with love, I went. I was all his. Completely. I was The Wolf's Lamb.

T H E
E N D

-

I absolutely loved writing this story for all you amazing people. I have received endless amounts of support and I couldn't be more grateful. Thank you! Fortunately, the tale of The Knight's does not end here. There is one book left in this beautiful series and it's none other than Colton Knight's story...The Womaniser's Spitfire.

The book and synopsis has been posted already, but the first chapter will be out soon, look out for it!