[ 15 ]

T H E W O L F ' S L A M B

C H A P T E R F I F T E E N

-

M I L L I O N S O F
T H O U G H T S flashed through my mind as I closed my eyes and allowed the hair stylist to work her magic on my hair. Peeling them open to watch the hair stylist manoeuvre strands of hair and wrap them around the blistering hot tool, I sat in content.

Eventually she finished and I walked her to the door, paying her money and trailed back into the bedroom to pull on the long gown which I'd bought specially for tonight. Tonight was an important night for both Colton and Felix.

The both of them were to receive awards for separate business associated causes. Despite how frustrated I was with Felix since he still hadn't told me what it was that he was hiding deep down within, I shrugged it off.

Tonight, I'd pull on a glimmering smile for him and watch him from afar, supporting him with my mere presence. We couldn't go together. Felix wanted to so badly and so did I, but to appear together would cause too much of a fuss.

Flattening the creases of my dress, I stared into the reflection in the mirror, approving of my appearance. A gorgeous satin red dress hung from my shoulders with two thin straps. The dress pooled to my ankles, showing off my freshly manicured toes in the champagne coloured heels that covered my feet.

Shrugging on a shawl to battle away the cold, I left the apartment and met the eyes of my driver. Shining him a smile, I greeted him and thanked him as he opened the door for me. Resting against the black leather seat, I stared out the window and readied myself for what the night had to bring.

Traffic filled the streets and there wasn't even a second of silence as car horns and the sounds of shouting filled the chilly air. Eventually, the car pulled up. The door opened and my eyes were blinded by the numerous flashes of the cameras.

Bound by red barriers, they stood out of the way of the grande doors. I smiled at each of them, ignoring the questions and simply flashing a soft look towards them. I could feel myself relax as my heels clicked against the ground and I'd finally entered the hall.

My eyes shifted across the busy area, connecting with familiar faces and taking in the breathtaking decor. "Hello!-Good Evening!-Nice to see you!" I'd grown exhausted with the constant greetings that fled my lips until I met the eyes of my mother who stood with a glass of champagne, surrounded by a group of gossiping ladies.

I hurried towards her and smiled. Leaving the group alone, she met my gaze and pulled me into a hug and grinned from ear to ear. "Oh, you look lovely, darling!" She squealed, her brown orbs brightening instantly.

A black floor length gown covered her tan and petite body. She looked young and vibrant and I loved seeing my mother smile. She always looked her best. "I'm good, mom." A subtle smile appeared on my lips and my mother frowned for a mere moment.

"Colton mentioned something about you representing some beastly man...would I be right in assuming that it's the same man you're so taken with?" My lips parted softly and it was all my mother needed as an answer.

Before she could utter a word, my eyes travelled to the centre of the hall. Surrounded by a group of men and woman, a stormy pair of eyes clashed with my own. I could feel my heart beat faster against my chest as I looked him over, appreciating his suit clad body.