[C] district four // the hunger games

wowowow i'm updating again (somehow). i was hit by some inspo and managed to make this pretty quickly. it's for the audition round of a comp on discord but they actually also have a book for it on wp. i linked the official comp book in the external link if you wanna go check it out (and enter pleeeasse!!!) 

the prompt: 

Round One – The Reaping (aka Auditions) 

Welcome, welcome to the first Designer Games. 24 shall be Reaped, two from each of the twelve Districts. This round is fairly simple – create a cover showcasing your reaction at the Reaping. Are you scared, excited, worried? We want to know. Introduce to us your character, using your preferred District number as the title and your 'character's' name as the author. You should also include something representing your preferred district. 

The Districts: District 1- Luxury,  District 2- Masonry/Stonework,  District 3- Electronics,  District 4- Fishing,  District 5- Power,  District 6- Transportation,  District 7- Lumber, District 8- Textiles,  District 9- Grain,  District 10- Livestock,  District 11- Agriculture,  District 12- Coal Mining. 

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favour!

my dodgy explanation: 

the district is fishing so i wanted something to do with water and fish. i had this kinda morbid idea about a girl who loved the fish but had to watch her family kill them and eat them. i hope my graphic kinda conveys the tragic story i was inspired by owo

roleplay: 

 Unseeing, black, glistening eyes. Corpses slipping and sliding against the deck. They haunt me. I've never felt right about what we do. Mass murder for profit. The sweet, innocent animals of the water, never able to escape the tyrant's sharp net. My name, drifting on a silent breeze. 

 It was karma. For never speaking out, never saying that it was wrong. Now it's too late. I am to die. But will it be by the dictator's hand? A life with no choice, never given a choice. I can choose now. I can choose to die with the fishes. 

 (yes i said fishes on purpose)

and finally the graphic waa

tysm for reading and supporting, it really means a lot to mee <3. 

but yeah, that's about it for now😅😘.