Chapter 86

Copyright © 2018 Nicole Mckoy

Evan P.O.V.

Jasmine signed her name to the deed of what was once just my home and was now legally going to be our home. I signed the title of the car I bought her for her birthday over to her.

I had already put Jasmine on my bank accounts and savings account. I was just making sure everything was official.

Our baby was going to be here soon and we'd get married shortly after. I wanted everything set in stone. I wanted us becoming one... becoming a real family.

What's mine is Jasmine's. I love and trust her.

I know she's with me for the right reasons and would never take advantage of me. I wanted her to see how much I trusted her that's why I had her in my lawyer Ben's office today signing these documents and what not.

I had a few investment properties that I added Jasmine's name to as well. I wanted to make sure she had access to everything.

"Now for the final document you two... the prenup," Ben said.

"About that... I'm not going to have Jasmine sign that," I said.

"But Evan I thought you drafted one up yourself," Ben said.

"I did but I just don't think that kind of document is necessary for Jasmine and I anymore. I love her and trust her with everything in me. We're going to have a long and healthy marriage. That's why I wanted to do this today. To make sure Jasmine has some ownership of my assets. As my soon to be wife I wanted to make sure she had access to everything. What's mine is hers and it'll always be that way," I said as I placed my hand to her knee.

Jasmine looked over at me and smiled. I just wanted my girl happy.

"Babe you're so sweet. I can't wait to become your wife. Thank you for trusting me to be apart of everything you've acquired up until this point. We're going to be a power couple," Jasmine said.

"Evan could we speak in private for a moment," Ben said.

"Ben there is nothing to speak about. Jasmine is my woman. She is worth more than any dollar amount or asset. I know what I'm doing. She's the love of my life," I said.

I looked over at Jasmine in complete awe.

I know my father and I drafted up a prenup but when it came down to it I just couldn't ask Jasmine to sign it.

Marriage is built on trust and on some level me handing her a prenup felt like it was me saying I don't trust her.

I never wanted her to feel like that. So that's why instead of giving her restrictions I was giving her access.

"Well then I guess there is nothing further to do here. Congratulations you two. I hope everything works out the way you both hope," Ben said.

Jasmine and I got up and left Ben's office after everything was done.

I felt at peace knowing Jasmine and I had our own agreement. I made the decision I did because it felt right.

Jasmine and I got in my car.

"So how do you feel about everything?" I asked as I turned to her.

"Like a weight has been lifted. No more worrying about what ifs. Thank you for trusting me to be apart of everything you've built. I promise Evan you can always trust me. I'll never take advantage of you or your kindness towards me. I love you so much babe and can't wait to marry you and have your child," Jasmine said.