Chapter Thirty Two

Start from the beginning

"What's going on?" Anthony asked, almost regretting asking it. It sounded nosey. 

"We're expanding the wall. We've got to make more room for people like yourself, as people don't like sharing rooms." he explained before sipping the whiskey. "Then of course, the surprise tomorrow."

"Whatever I can do to help, let me know." Anthony said with a small smile.

"Of course," the Governor gave him a smile and a nod, back.

Anthony made his way to the door, exiting. After, the Governor drank his whiskey, shutting off the living room light.

In town, Rick couldn't leave the man who'd jumped behind. Adam had ran outside, after, seeing Ethan and Glenn still by the dumpster.

"Come on!" Adam shouted to them, running toward Rick and Hershel. 

They both followed.

Where the man had jumped, he landed on a spiked fence. Sharp metal spears had impaled his knee. Hershel and Rick were quick to decide what to do, as they both needed to figure out someway to get him out of there.

"We can't save him, Rick, he'll just bleed out.." Hershel said as Adam and the others reached the two.

The kid moaned in pain, as he was only a teenager. Just like Adam and Ethan. 

"We have to save him!" Rick shouted back at Hershel.

"Walkers!" Glenn shouted as he looked into the distance, seeing a group of walkers approaching.

"We can't!" Hershel shouted back to Rick. 

Rick looked down, then quickly moving his hands to the young teenager's leg, shoving it up, off of the spike. 

Back at the farm, Taylor sat on the RV, watching the fields. Brittany and Mikaela slowly made their way to the RV, as Mikaela was still concerned about her mother's safety, but it Shane and Andrea found her, she'd be in good hands. 

"They're still not back, and I'm a little worried. What if there's a herd?" Mikaela asked as she climbed the ladder, Taylor glancing over from her chair.

Brittany let out a small sigh, "I'm sure they're okay Mikaela." 

Taylor fixed her cap, making sure the ponytail was going through the back. "Yeah, Mik, I'm sure they're fine. You're worrying for nothing."

"Maybe," Mikaela sighed as she sat down next to Taylor's chair. She looked out into the fields, taking a small breath.

Carol walked into the RV below. Brittany sighed, looking down. 

"I'm gonna go check on her," she said as she walked to the ladder, climbing down.

Mikaela continued to watch into the fields, as it was dark. There must've been a new moon, because the fields were not lit with moonlight.

"Mik, just stay calm. You always get so worked up over nothing," Taylor said, still looking into the fields.

Mikaela was wearing a sweatshirt, one from her town's sheriff's office, since it was cold. Taylor was fine, as she had a sky-blue top on. Just as Mikaela looked down, she could hear something coming closer. Then she saw headlights. Mikaela stood up so quickly, she almost fell off of the roof.

"Hey," Taylor said, making sure she was fine but before she could look her over, Mikaela was already going down the ladder, running to the car. Brittany and Carol walked out of the RV, along with Dale, as Nick came out of his tent. He must've been sleeping.