33

The next day was Monday which meant school. Jin purposively waited for Namjoon and Tae to exit the apartment first. He walked the not so long distance to the school alone. Despite all the traffic noise and the people's chatter around him, it felt like a quiet and lonely walk. His eyes were empty, wondering somewhere in the distance. His mind? Well, it was not that close to where he was either. He was thinking about all the past events, daggers going again and again through his sensitive heart.

And you may wonder what caused the small tear that ended up rolling down his cheek. It was Namjoon standing right in front of the school gates with another guy next to him. The way Cupid described him as "young" would make anyone think that Jackson was an underclassmen. However, the tall man next to Namjoon, with black undercut hair and biceps doubled or even tripled those of Jin's, suggested otherwise. Jackson was actually in Namjoon's class, Jin remembered. But, the latter would always somehow avoid both Jin and Namjoon. Namjoon seemed happy talking to him, his dimples showing and eyes disappearing in small lines as he laughed.

Jin quickly wiped away his tear and went past both of them to enter school. Don't get in their way. He would not do it. He will just continue doing what he was doing up till then... But without Namjoon. He could do it. It was not that much of a deal. Yeah... It totally was not...

§

Namjoon looked confused at his side as Jin passed by him as fast as he could. What was wrong with him? Even though Namjoon was actually waiting for him to get school. He wanted to talk. Especially after his strange behavior the previous day.

"So I was thinking... Maybe we could go grab some kimbab and then hang out a bit at the park..." Jackson laughed awkwardly, not even noticing Namjoon's stray gaze. "What do you think?"

"Ah! Uh... OK! Sure... Why not..." Namjoon stuttered. In the end, no one has really talked to him or even asked him to go grab some kimbab and then hang out at the park aside for Jin who was now somewhere inside the school. It was maybe his chance to make some friends and make Jin proud! Or at least that's what Namjoon hoped would happen.

Jackson whisper-yelled a "yes" and clutched his fist triumphantly. "I'll see you here after school then!" He then turned around and hurried to enter school.

Namjoon smiled to the side and shortly followed him inside as the bell was actually ringing. "Maybe we could get some cupcakes instead of kimbab... I'll get some for Jin as well and hopefully he will feel better..." Namjoon muttered to himself and smiled at the image in his head of a widely smiling Jin. He sighed dreamily and entered class.

~★~

This was more of a filler chapter but expect another update later today 😆💙