Chapter 2: Back To Korea

Alexis POV

"Do you know what dance we're supposed to learn today?" My friend, Nate, asks as we near the room where our ballroom dance group is meeting today. I shrug in response, unsure.

"I don't remember. I don't think Allison told us what dance it is this week." I answer as we walk through the halls.

"What dance did we learn last week?" He asks, laughing. I chuckle as well, shaking my head at him.

"Okay look, I get you were busy freaking over the fact that your girlfriend was being a tease last weekend, but seriously? We learned the tango, you idiot." I laugh. He shrugs innocently.

"What?! It's not my fault!" He exclaims as we head into the room, laughing. I shake my head once more.

"Yeah, okay. Whatever ya say." I tell him, smiling as we go off to the side to drop our things off. Setting my keys down on the table, I'm wearing dark washed jeans with a black tank top and an army green jacket that has gray clothed sleeves and a gray clothed hoodie with metal buttons, and black combat boots to finish the look.

"I'm still surprised you actually own that and wear it." Nate tells me as he pulls his hoodie off and sets it down next to my keys along with his own. I shrug again.

"Look, just because I have no sense of fashion does not mean that I can't get lucky occasionally. Besides, I really like this outfit. It's one of the few things I feel really good in, okay?" I laugh, growing slightly defensive near the end. He smiles, shaking his head at me.

"No, it looks really good on you. You should feel good in it. I'm just surprised you actually had any luck." He teases as we walk over to sign in.

"Uhh... Alexis?" He questions, his voice quieter this time as we walk away from the table. I frown, looking over at him in confusion to see him looking at something.

"What? You look confused out of your mind or something." I ask, growing slightly worried.

"That Korean band you like..." He starts, not finishing his train of that. I nod, trying to get the words out of him.

"BTS? Yeah? What about them?" I prod, my worry turning to pure confusion.

"Damn it, Lexi. Look!" He whisper shouts, pointing off to the end of the slightly crowded tables. Following his gaze, my eyes widen as I feel my entire being just freeze. They... What?

"What the actual fuck?" I mutter, not believing what I'm seeing. Why the hell would they be here? We're not that big of a college and offer essentially nothing for them.

"Alrighty everyone! If you all could line up against that far wall, we'll get started!" RM announces loudly. Nate and I exchange a look before doing as told along with the other seven people that are here.

"Okay. Does anybody have a dance request? If not, we can always figure one out ourselves, but we'd be happy to teach you all a dance if anyone has something they'd like to learn." He offers.

"Lexi? You're a fan of theirs, right? Any song you wanna learn the dance to?" My friend, Michael asks. My eyes widen as my head snaps in his direction.

"What the hell?" I question, feeling my face grow bright red.

"I was talking with Laura the other day and she mentioned you were a fan. Right?" He checks with a frown. I can feel everyone's eyes on me.

Throwing my hands up in exasperation, I shake my head. You've got to be kidding me right? Yes, let's just embarrass the hell out of me in front of them.

"Excuse me while I go hang myself. I'll be back in a bit." I mutter sarcastically, beginning to step out of line to walk out of the room. However, I only get a few steps in before both wrists have been grabbed to stop me.