Chapter 16

Yuzu put down her phone and stared at grandfather.

She sighed and walked in the cafe.

~
"Yuzu, I want to talk about your marriage."

"I already know I'm marrying a girl!" Yuzu said in frustration.

Grandfather shook his head. "You know, Mei's been married to Udagawa for a while now. But you've only met your fiancé a week ago but in another week, you'll be marrying her already. The whole wedding for you and Yuniko is already planned."

Yuzu's jaw was dropped "What?! I don't even know her well! Why do you expect me to marry a stranger? Especially before our graduation?!"

Grandfather looked like he was going to flip the table any second now "I know that, Yuzu! It's because Mei's younger than you and not officially old enough to be married just yet! You would have to be the first one married. Your mother and father already know about this. They're heading back right now."

Yuzu was furious at him "Don't tell me you forced them to come here..."

He didn't say anything.

Yuzu stood up, banging the table with her fist, making some tea of grandfather's spill "Don't I atleast get any credit? Don't I choose my path? Can't I love who I want to lo-"

"Enough, Yuzu! This just how it's supposed to go! Why can't you just be like-" Grandfather paused for a second, pinching his skin between his eyebrows, frowning fiercely. "I can't deal with this right now." He laid a 20$ on the table and left silently.

Yuzu sat down and put her forehead on the table, making the other half of her face stare into her arms and legs.

Everything is so messed up. Yuzu thought.

Tears dripped down her cheeks and to her arms and legs.

Why couldn't grandfather respect me for once?

Yuzu wiped the tears. She's been crying for the past week which made her feel like she would cry nothing out .

Is this what Mei had to go through?

That made Yuzu cry harder, the thought of Mei.

After a few minutes. Yuzu paid and left the cafe.

She rubbed her forehead which caused a small dent when she rested her head on a table.

Yuzu found a nearby bench and sat down.

Why next week? Why...

There were endless possibilities.

~
Yuzu rested there, staring into the bluest sky she'd ever seen.

"Seriously, Mei?" an angry voice shouted.