Chapter 35 Wedding

Start from the beginning

"Um—" Instead of wondering who was following her, my heads swelled up with the task of identifying her accent.

"Please."

When she begged, it caught my attention. I glanced over at her as she gazed back, and found myself lost in her brown eyes once more. They seemed deep and endless, and only when she looked away did I find myself able to look away. The chatter of the people surrounding us faded. I glanced nervously back at her.

She suddenly took off her coat. I found the dark material pulled over my head, hiding my face from any potential onlookers. Although I was standing on the platform, with few people surrounding me, it doesn't take a genius to know who this girl talked to.

"You're blonde." She said. "They will recognize your hair but not your face."

I was confused, especially since she just came into my life so quickly.

"Make sure that you leave and go straight home. They will follow me for a while, and I will lead them away."

"Who?"

Pulling the coat closer over my head, she leaned over and kissed me. Anybody watching would have assumed we were dating. Her mouth played gently over mine, parting my lips, and my eyes slid closed as I tasted her. She tasted salty, making me wonder if she had cried earlier and smelled like cinnamon and the earth after it rained.

There was an angry old woman behind me in the line, alerting me that it was finally my turn to take the taxi and that I should ride it or else she would. Coat girl eased away, yet my gaze lingered at her with wide eyes as she stepped backward. She had been wearing a white tank top and denim shorts under the coat.

"Thank you," she murmured to me.

My mouth was still gaping at her. The smile she gave me was sad before dashing off god knows where.

For a few moments, I simply stood on the platform and stared, holding the coat tightly around me. Part of me really didn't know what to do, but I was surprisingly not bothered by the fact that some stranger in the airport had just kissed me.

When I finally willed myself to turn around, the old woman behind me and the taxi were gone. Now, I have to wait for another taxi to arrive. Being late to my destination didn't matter anymore as I pulled the coat tighter.

It smelled like her.

"Empress? Is that you?"

My head whipped towards the caller and my eyes widened at the sight of Morgana Cross.

"Let me go ride with you!"

My eyes darted around apprehensively, looking for the familiar face of my former love. She wasn't around. That could only mean that Kaylor was waiting for us.